11S Sekiu no VASI?

Matt McGee

I've installed 11S and the FTXORBXLIBS 140201.

I don't have any VASI on runway 26, either day or night. (26 is the only runway that should have VASI and it is listed as night only in the FAA directory)

The lights were there in PNW.

I see the light boxes, but they have no lights in them.  Is the VASI supposed to light up? 

The rest of the scenery looks great.

Cheers,

Matt

Hey Matt,

I was getting pretty close to the project deadline so I just released it as is, for an update I'll look into making the VASI lights functional.

Cheers

Thanks for such a quick reply Misha.

Roger, no VASI lights currently.  Nice to know I didn't mess something up.

The scenery looks fantastic!  I've done real touch and go landings there :)

Cheers,

Matt

Wanted to ask another question about 11S.  Visited the airport today along with two other simmers who had already installed the airport.  The elevation of the payware airport is set at 355' which is correct according to AirNav site.  The ORBX, PNW stock 11S airport elevation is set at 320'+/-.  This is 35' too low it seems.  Was there an error in the original PNW MESH?

Wanted to ask another question about 11S.  Visited the airport today along with two other simmers who had already installed the airport.  The elevation of the payware airport is set at 355' which is correct according to AirNav site.  The ORBX, PNW stock 11S airport elevation is set at 320'+/-.  This is 35' too low it seems.  Was there an error in the original PNW MESH?

Yes, the PNW airport was in fact too low, the payware version corrects this error and places the airport at the right elevation.

Not being funny, but unless I'm mistaken, we are still waiting for the VASI at 74S to be 'fixed' too.

I'm already onto it :)

Not being funny, but unless I'm mistaken, we are still waiting for the VASI at 74S to be 'fixed' too.

There was a quick solution posted a while back, if you haven't seen yet:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38076-anacortes-glide-slope-lights-inop/?p=332282

I guess this isn't hijacking if I started the thread and we're still talking about VASI :)

I was under the impression that the "fix" in the 74S thread (started be me back in 2011) was an interim fix and that a service pack would be coming eventually, where the glowing lights actually lined up with the physical lights.

I've just been quietly waiting for the "service pack" that Graham and Jarrad mentioned.

Is there not one coming for 74S?

Just saw Misha's post pop up while I was typing.

Are you working on both 74S and 11S VASI Misha?

Ok, here are the new functional VASI lights. I will make a CP switch so that people can either choose to have it on only at dusk/night/dawn (as in the real world) or on 24hrs, for people that may want it during the day too.

I must thank Jim Robinson a ton for creating the VASI effect for me, huge help, thanks Jim!

Since it involves a few new files and an updated CP, I won't make this a hotfix, I'll chuck it into the update for 11S. The update should be out within the next month so you won't have long to wait anyways :)

a3Y7.jpg

TEyM9.jpg

Uj4Cd.jpg

Perhaps I should open a new topic to ask, but will the update include a fix to ATC so we can ask for the correct runways (8, and 26, rather than 18 and 36 as at present).  I hate calling in a landing on a non-existent runway.  Real world habits and sensibilities, I suppose.  

Lovely little airport, always a favorite of mine to fly too, and very happy it got the Orbx treatment.  

Perhaps I should open a new topic to ask, but will the update include a fix to ATC so we can ask for the correct runways (8, and 26, rather than 18 and 36 as at present).  I hate calling in a landing on a non-existent runway.  Real world habits and sensibilities, I suppose.  

Lovely little airport, always a favorite of mine to fly too, and very happy it got the Orbx treatment.  

Already fixed and will be included in the patch, however if you don't want to wait for the patch you can download the fix here- http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/73516-wrong-atc-runway-numbers-at-11s/#entry674908

Cheers

Hi mckayi, welcome.

Can you please start a new support thread, and include your order number for 11S Sekiu as well as some screenshots of your problem, since that definitely sounds like a problem on your PC specifically.

Info on how to add order number- http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/1157-important-notice-please-add-your-order-to-your-sig-for-support/

Info on how to add screenshots- http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Cheers

Archived