Anacortes glide slope lights inop

Matt McGee

I don't have glide slope lights for Anacortes. I can see the physical boxes, but the red/while lights are not on.

The runway and taxi lights are on but no glide slope on either runway.

Did I miss a setting to turn them on?

FTX scenery is OUTSTANDING by the way!!

I have been flying out of NAS Whidbey for over 10 years. FTX scenery is very close to real life.

If I might make a suggestion for a future Anacortes update, the Deception Pass bridge is (always has been) green.

The girders and railings are all painted green. The concrete isn't painted.

You should already have AI flying at Anacortes. If you're not seeing any, you need to check for any FS9 traffic files on your system as these will prevent FSX ones from working.

I don't as I saw KBVS traffic when I took off to fly to Anacortes. My General Aviation AI is at or very near 70%. Guess I'll have to be more patient.

G'day h3pilot,

Graham is indeed correct, but I should add that I edited the APX file at the last minute to include default-style PAPI lights as in interim - not a perfect substitute but more than sufficient. Only problem is, I forgot to add the file to my installation build! My mistake, as Graham says will be rectified in an upcoming service pack.

In the meantime, I've attached edited APX if you wish to have default PAPI lighting displaying. To install:

1. Head to your Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_74S\Scenery folder.

2. Find your 74S_APX.bgl file. Disable it by renaming to 74S_APX.off

3. Drop the attached replacement 74S_APX.bgl into the folder, and you'll be all good to go.

I've also attached a screenshot of how it should look with the modified APX, and in answer to your green bridge question, have just added a quick snapshot of my Deception Pass texture sheet, coupled with a photo from the real life bridge.

Any dramas, let me know.

Jarrad

Posted Image

Posted Image

74S_APX.zip

Thanks for the quick response. I'll keep an eye out for the service pack.

Your bridge photo and texture look spot on Jarrad. I was flying FSX at dusk to check the lights when I flew by the bridge and I bet the lightning was making it look bright grey.

Again, the scenery is fantastic.

BTW, with regard to Josef's AI traffic post, my AI traffic is working fine. A Bonanza landed while I was checking out the lights :)

Thanks for the quick response. I'll keep an eye out for the service pack.

Your bridge photo and texture look spot on Jarrad. I was flying FSX at dusk to check the lights when I flew by the bridge and I bet the lightning was making it look bright grey.

Again, the scenery is fantastic.

BTW, with regard to Josef's AI traffic post, my AI traffic is working fine. A Bonanza landed while I was checking out the lights :)

Yup, I checked the AI BGL file is in Scenery/World/Scenery + I made a copy to check w/ AI Flight Planner and my timing was off - an aircraft at Anacortes (74S?) landed while I took off from KBVS. My luck.

Thanks for your service, BTW. I occassionally get to see the Whidbey SAR MH-60Ks + EA-6B Prowlers + EA-18G Growlers fly over my ranch 3 miles north of Cascade Middle School in Sedro-Woolley. If you ever are flying, I'll do my best to get your picture from the ground!

Archived