Missing Vector Lights? (OrbxEngland)

oli333

Hello there, 

recently got back into FS after about a 9 year hiatus so have been stocking up on goodies for it. I recently bought orbx global and orbx england, though I am having a problem (I think?).

When flying globally at night (outside of UK), I have all the nice vector lighting effects in towns/cities/roads (which I really like), but I don't have any of these in the UK. Is the orbx england pack supposed to include this effect?

I seem to have tried every combination of install orders/day & night switching and setting hybrid mode etc in FXT Central...but I still can't seem to get any vector lights showing in England.

I'm an ex-scenery developer so like to think I am *fairly* competent at installing sceneries etc...

The only other addons I have are 3 of the UK2000 airports. I have tried turning these off...

I'm hoping you might have some suggestions for me. I have tried searching the forum but can't seem to find a similar problem.

Thanks in advance, 

Oli

• 1 month later...

FTX England does include 3D lighting, but it uses the old style of lighting developed a while back. To see this lighting, you'll need to run the "night mode" icon that was installed to the desktop.

One thing to note, the 3D lighting in England is not as dense as in FTX Global as the old style lighting had quite an impact on performance.

The good news is, as has been mentioned, all the full FTX regions are currently undergoing a Global Lighting upgrade so once England has been done, you'll get the much nicer, better performing 3D lights that you get in FTX Global.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the prompt response.

The patch is asking me for the original disk, what do I do since I have the online downloaded executable?

I note that the patch was released last August so I assumed that FSS would have distributed an updated package or a least a note that the patch is needed.

Regards

Thanks for you help.

I have now managed to install the patch. Brilliant I now have street lights.

Extracting the .exe from the zip file may have fixed the request for the original disk, although I not 100% sure about that.

Regards.

Archived