Is my ORBX England Corrupt?

aceridgey

Hi there,

I have noticed that my ORBX England seems to have lost a lot of its quality, I have recently installed the latest ORBX LIBS and then made sure I am in hybrid mode.

There seems to be a mixture of larger and smaller tree's which don't look right together, with poor rendering

ffpQNJp.jpg

aIU3F8f.jpg

pu3CrZO.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay...

You say FTX England... Is that the full region pack (EU ENG) or FTX Global just over England?

From your screenshots it looks like the full region, and if that is indeed the case, try it without after selecting the "Europe" option in FTX central.

Hybrid mode is great for a number of things but it can cause some differences to the scenery due to it having to use only one autogen library for the while world instead of a more suitable regional one.

Let us know what happens...

In addition, the problem looks to be not with the tree rendering, which looks fine, but with the rendering of the ground textures. Please supply system specs, copy of FSX.cfg and a list of addons installed.

Unless you have a supercomputer, you are expecting a bit much to ask for 266 kts at 2,800 AGL to be blurry-free.

Hi guys,

Firstly system specs,

I5 2500K @4.7

GTX670

FSX on independent HDD

Ram 12GB

Sorry for the delay...

You say FTX England... Is that the full region pack (EU ENG) or FTX Global just over England?

From your screenshots it looks like the full region, and if that is indeed the case, try it without after selecting the "Europe" option in FTX central.

Hybrid mode is great for a number of things but it can cause some differences to the scenery due to it having to use only one autogen library for the while world instead of a more suitable regional one.

Let us know what happens...

Hi Rob, I am indeed using FTX England and FTX Global. With apologies, I don't really understand the 'try without after selecting the "Europe" option in FTX Central, could you clarify? Cheers :)

In addition, the problem looks to be not with the tree rendering, which looks fine, but with the rendering of the ground textures. Please supply system specs, copy of FSX.cfg and a list of addons installed.

Unless you have a supercomputer, you are expecting a bit much to ask for 266 kts at 2,800 AGL to be blurry-free.

Here is the important parts of my FSX config.

[bUFFERPOOLS]
Poolsize=0

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=14

[GRAPHICS]
HIGHMEMFIX=1
SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693500672
SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500672
D3D10=0
TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096
NUM_LIGHTS=8
AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=1
AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1
COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1
LANDING_LIGHTS=1
AC_SELF_SHADOW=0
EFFECTS_QUALITY=2
GROUND_SHADOWS=0
TEXTURE_QUALITY=3
IMAGE_QUALITY=0
See_Self=1
Text_Scroll=1

[sOUND]
AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000
SOUND_FADER1=0.500000
SOUND_FADER2=0.500000
SOUND_FADER3=0.500000
SOUND_FADER4=0.300000
AmbientUIMusic=FSX03
PrimaryDevice={F975BAED-A77F-4728-A1D2-57B9EC1A26E1}
VoiceDevice={F975BAED-A77F-4728-A1D2-57B9EC1A26E1}
SOUND=1
SOUND_QUALITY=2
SOUND_LOD=0
UISound=1
AmbientUI=0

[Display]
ChangeTime=4.000000
TransitionTime=4.000000
ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255
ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64
NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255
NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64
InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0
InfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0
InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255
InfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128
InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255
InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128
InfoBrakesEnable=False
InfoParkingBrakesEnable=False
InfoPauseEnable=True
InfoSlewEnable=True
InfoStallEnable=True
InfoOverspeedEnable=True
BLOOM_EFFECTS=0
SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40
UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=30
WideViewAspect=True

[Main]
Disablepreload=1
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.10
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter
SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\IVAO_MTL
ProcSpeed=17515
PerfBucket=7
Location=80,13,1702,979,\\.\DISPLAY1
Maximized=0
HideMenuNormal=0
HideMenuFullscreen=1

[PANELS]
IMAGE_QUALITY=1
DEFAULT_VIEW=0
QUICKTIPS=0
PANEL_OPACITY=100
PANEL_MASKING=1
PANEL_STRETCHING=1
UNITS_OF_MEASURE=1

[Weather]
WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1
MinGustTime=10
MaxGustTime=500
MinGustRampSpeed=1
MaxGustRampSpeed=200
MinVarTime=5
MaxVarTime=50
MinVarRampSpeed=10
MaxVarRampSpeed=75
TurbulenceScale=1.000000
WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.com
WeatherServerPort=80
WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0
AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1
DynamicWeather=0
DownloadWindsAloft=0
DisableTurbulence=0
CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=4
DETAILED_CLOUDS=1
CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=8
THERMAL_VISUALS=0

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670.0]
Mode=1920x1080x32
TriLinear=1

[sCENERY]
LENSFLARE=1
DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1
IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5

[TrafficManager]
AirlineDensity=0
GADensity=0
FreewayDensity=0
ShipsAndFerriesDensity=0
LeisureBoatsDensity=0
IFROnly=0
AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=0

[TERRAIN]
LOD_RADIUS=4.500000
MESH_COMPLEXITY=100
MESH_RESOLUTION=23
TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=27
AUTOGEN_DENSITY=3
DETAIL_TEXTURE=1
WATER_EFFECTS=6

[sTARTUP]
DEMO=0
SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1
STARTUP_DEMO=
LoadWindow=1

P.S

Another point, is it possible for ORBX to review the winter textures for EU regions? 

Regards,

Alex

If I'm ever in doubt about any of the ORBX sceneries I re-install it, any updates and then run the ORBXLibs latest version.  If there's any corruption, it should fix it, and it's only a relatively short process.  If there's still a problem I run ftxconfigurator.exe from the scripts folder just to ensure there are no loose ends in the scenery.cfg.

I must say those colours don't look like anything I ever see, but I can't check because I've had to uninstall EU to make room on my drive for current releases.

Can't see how you've ended up with .cfg that looks like. Some of those tweaks look like snakeoil and are certainly not appropriate for your rig.

I would rename the FSX.cfg and let FSX create one on re-boot and stop trying to fly at 266 knots at low level. 250, max.

If I'm ever in doubt about any of the ORBX sceneries I re-install it, any updates and then run the ORBXLibs latest version.  If there's any corruption, it should fix it, and it's only a relatively short process.  If there's still a problem I run ftxconfigurator.exe from the scripts folder just to ensure there are no loose ends in the scenery.cfg.

I must say those colours don't look like anything I ever see, but I can't check because I've had to uninstall EU to make room on my drive for current releases.

Hi there, The thing is, I freshly reinstalled FTX EU England, and the ORBX libs. I have the feeling that it is something to do with the seasonal texture.

Can't see how you've ended up with .cfg that looks like. Some of those tweaks look like snakeoil and are certainly not appropriate for your rig.

I would rename the FSX.cfg and let FSX create one on re-boot and stop trying to fly at 266 knots at low level. 250, max.

What is wrong with the cfg entries? They are there after years of research and there is not that many of them in to be honest,

Alex

Poolsize = 0 wholly inappropriate for your mid-range setup - you're only running a GTX670

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096: Texture size 4096 of no use to you unless you have textures that size installed (and if you have those are far too large for your mid-range rig). By itself this could cause texture issues

But do try renaming the .cfg and using a fresh, clean un-snakeoiled setting.

Poolsize = 0 wholly inappropriate for your mid-range setup - you're only running a GTX670

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096: Texture size 4096 of no use to you unless you have textures that size installed (and if you have those are far too large for your mid-range rig). By itself this could cause texture issues

But do try renaming the .cfg and using a fresh, clean un-snakeoiled setting.

Hi again Snave, thank you for your thoughts.

For FSX the GTX670 is mid range?  I would disagree personally, and the 4096 is a post screenshot edition to the config, these pics were taken on 2046. 

Again, I doubt that the issue lies here, but with something in the ORBX libs or textures,

Just my 2cents, 

Alex

I have what is now a mid-range system and yes, it has a GTX660, and I get adequate performance across the board.

I have tried all the tweaks under the sun as each one has popped up, and to be perfectly honest, there's only one tweak that resides in my fsx.cfg now, and that is the 

[GRAPHICS]

HIGHMEMFIX=1

I'm a bit troubled by that entry in your file to do with the fiber time fraction.  Is there a reason it is set so far from the default value?  That tweak is certainly one that will sacrifice image quality for some perceived gain in frames per second, however I suspect it was written in the days when 512MB video cards were king.

Every other tweak, except for the texture max load one, has demonstrated unwanted effects further down the line.  So, to re-iterate, I get good and acceptable performance, with almost no unwanted effects, from the stock standard fsx.cfg with one fix , the highmemfix, applied.  

Hybrid mode shouldn't be an option if you've selected EU in FTX Central.  It is an option in Global, and could lead to a mix of textures and autogen appearing if you have EU England installed but are flying in Global Hybrid.  (I think).  

To confirm that you are in EU England and the textures are only the EU England ones, you should re-install EU England with FTX Central set to the recommended setting (can't remember what it is off the top of my head) and then the ORBX Libs, and then cycle between regions to ensure FTX Central is set correctly.  If that is all done correctly there should be no texture or autogen issues when flying in EU England.

Archived