FTX Global and Area Add ons

Kev D

Hi,

I've recently bought FTX Global and Vector - but I also have EU England too.  I've had a look on the Forums but can't find an answer - here is the question:  Do I still need EU England with FTX Global?  Does the "Hybrid" switch use the best of both sceneries, or should I choose one or the other?

Kevin

Order No: FSS0265407

Do I still need EU England with FTX Global?  Does the "Hybrid" switch use the best of both sceneries, or should I choose one or the other?

In answer to this part of your question, yes. While FTX global replaces default FSX textures, it does not add vector objects, mesh or landclass data, nether does it add any handplaced autogen or specific autogen objects, all of which are included in Orbx regional sceneries ;) except N Ireland which does not include Mesh, unsure about southern Ireland. FWIW, when I fly any of the tubeliners at higher altitudes, I'm perfectly happy with just FTX Global, but when at a lower altitudes, doing any bush flying, then I want the best possible sceneries with correctly placed vector detail and mesh so that's where the Orbx regions really come into their own.

Archived