AU Coastline and Perth Harbor

andiflyit

Hello,

2 questions related to the attached screenshot please:

1. Perth Harbor - should it look like this or is something missing? In FS9 I have the Vista Australis installed which

offers a nice rendition of the harbor with all the buildings, roads and so.

2. The coastline/beach on the right side - this is how it looks in my complete AU, again, should it look like this or is there some mistake in my setup? And if this is how it looks, do I have a possibility to overwrite certain files 

to make the texture look like the darker grey one in other Orbx scenerie i.e. NZ or PNW?

I have Au SP4 and the complete OZx installed.

Thank you very much.

PBlKO.jpg 

I have asked for information how to change the beach textures. So I will not agree to that now.

You may call it my personally taste, it's not that I criticize anything.

For me the coastline/beach texture in ORBX AU/PNW/NZ is done by outlining an area and than fill it 

with a texture which in most cases is an image file. 

So, because this is my personally taste and would make me happy, I would like to get the information which files 

in PNW or NZ  I must pick and copy them over which files in AU to achieve what I want.   Please   :)    

Hi Andreas,

sorry but we don't provide information on how to alter any of our add-ons other than for compatibility issues. If exchanging vector or landclass textures is important to you you'll need to learn how to use the SDK tools like TMFViewer to find the information. Gaining that knowledge will make it less likely you'll "mess up" your installation.

Cheers, Holger

Hello Holger,

the freeware files BCmesh 9a, 9b and 9c can still be found somewhere on my plates. And this is long ago.  :)

Now I very much like to fly at Tongass Fjords. 

I certainly will not mess up my installation, that's why I have asked here. And I have used TMFViewer a lot for viewing 

photoscenery xxx.bgl and mesh files, but not for landclass and vector files. I don't think I will go so deep into this now.

Perhaps you want to discuss at Orbx whether this beach texture in AU SP4 is really what it should be or not. Have a look 

at it between Sidney and Brisbane, where it can be found on rather large areas. My simple idea was to change it to the

grey texture used in NZ, but it may also be a whiter one with some pattern, which looks more like a clean and bright beach.

As I have announced in the thread mentioned above, I will do some scenery for fremantle during next weeks to replace the white surface which is also shown on my screenshot here. Just to have some harbor scenery there. If it works I will place it in community freeware here.

By the way: When will Orbx start doing California? I'll certainly purchase it and on the long run every little airport paradise offert for it. :)

From my point of view this is answered now.

Thank you very much, 

Andreas 

Hi Andreas,

it's important to keep in mind that the AU regions were our first products and don't have the same range and refinement of components, particularly in regards to waterbodies and road network, as the newer regions do. On the other hand, they do cover an entire continent, 7.7 million sq km.

FTX Northern California (actually, the northern half of CA plus bits of southern Oregon) is about to enter final Beta; keep an eye on the preview screenshot forum.

Cheers, Holger 

Hello Holger,

yes, I know that the AU regions were created before NA regions. And I am not unhappy with it, it's only the desire to improve 

certain details which do not really convince.

So I suppose that the CA North and Oregon South will seamlessly connect to PNW, is that right? This is great.

I have the whole California in photoscenery, which is really nice, and I gained some knowledge about this wonderful country 

without having been there in real life by flying over it. But it works well at an altitude of minimum 2500 feet over ground and higher,

and standing on the ground is not the great experience. Should all be annotated and nobody can do this, it's too much work.

So this is really wellcome and I'll be one of the first customers for this. Looking forward to have nice flights at Eureka or Shasta Lake.

Cheers,

Andreas   

Archived