P3D V2 and bringing it up to speed

Kilstorm

I've slowly been trying out P3D v2 as Orbx releases new patches for its products. I see they have a patch in the works which will help with some issues and hopefully allow me to fly more in it.  Currently I get a CTD when I try and load up the Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended into full screen view.

However, I'm looking to bring some hardware into P3D.  Of which is HeadTracker IR and my GoFlight Inc modules.  Anyone know if these can work in P3Dv2 and if so how does one go about getting it working?

Hi Kilstorm, I think we both use our aliases in FSE?

Both sets of hardware will work perfectly in P3Dv2.

From memory ...

TrackIR: download latest game file/driver, run it then start TIR, then P3Dv2 ... should work.

GoFlight: same, download latest driver, install and select P3D in the simulator tab, set up buttons etc an Bob's your uncle. I don't think I had to copy over the goflight bit of the exe.xml file from FSX.

Regards,

Simjockey.

I've slowly been trying out P3D v2 as Orbx releases new patches for its products. I see they have a patch in the works which will help with some issues and hopefully allow me to fly more in it.  Currently I get a CTD when I try and load up the Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended into full screen view.

However, I'm looking to bring some hardware into P3D.  Of which is HeadTracker IR and my GoFlight Inc modules.  Anyone know if these can work in P3Dv2 and if so how does one go about getting it working?

Aerosoft Twin Otter full screen crash fix:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/76224-new-asc-for-airbus-twin-otter-and-many-more/

Big thanks guys! During lunch I was able to get all 3 working thanks to the above post. Now I'm working on getting EZDok into P3Dv2 via a migratory Tool and beta EZDok beta build.

I guess all that is missing is FSPax, GSX and REX if those can be added.  I'm not looking to force them in if they arent native as I dont need more headaches if they may cause issues.

Once again many thanks guys for the help. I currently have running in P3Dv2 FTXG, Vector, OPUS, GoFLight Inc modules,HeadTracker IR, EZDok, GSX and The Carenado B1900 and the AS Twin Otter Extended with everyones help.

Knowing we have a new Vector and a patch for P3D coming, I'm going to hold off until those are out before getting into serious flying in P3D.  Its really just a waiting game of waiting for a few choice aircraft and scenery to be released into P3D natively for me now.  My FSX/DX10 is a great sim but I did notice the lack of autogen pop-ins while doing a short hop in P3D so looking forward to that.  That and the whole shadows thing.

Archived