YBBN and Rwy01 and OZx

moonman

Hello Everyone!

I am currently re-installing FSX and i need some advice regarding YBBN.

If i recall correctly - but i might be totally wrong here, hence my question for advice - there is some specific care and attention required if OZx airports/sceneries are also in use with ORBX Australia and YBBN is installed.

If i remember, this issue was mainly about YBBN's Rwy 01.

The problem for me now is:

Even after some careful research here at the support forums i can't find any info about it anymore.

So my quesition is:

Am i completely mistaking and remembering something, which actually has never existed ::), or is there indeed "something" to be taken care of when having YBBN and OZx installed into ORBX's Australia.

Any advice is most appreciated!

Thank You very much in advance - and a honest excuse that this "support request" sounds as weird as it does, but i just can't say it any better.

Cheers, Christoph

I think the thing with YBBN was not an OZx issue, but rather a case of whether or not you had the Ant's version of YBBN installed or not. There were also a couple of other airports which Ant had done, but can't remember them off the top of my head - I'll look tonight if somebody else doesn't get back to you first.

Cheers

Jack

Hi Stu and Jack!

Thank You very much for this - Your - first input and info here!

Really appreciated!

And as pointed out above:

I might indeed be mistaken and maybe i am indeed just mixing up things here with Ant's YBBN - but i never installed it, which explains why i did not consider it when starting this thread.

Cheers, Christoph

Hi Christoph,

Rwy 01 not so sure what that might be.

Maybe this might be what you remember reading about - there is a need to run the Batch file ( Remove_OZx_YBBN.bat ) found in Orbx\Scripts folder if you have OZx Aus, this corrects the area out beyond RWY 14 - 32 and the marshland out into Morten Bay. There was a muddie oilslick like feature in the OZx version which not only looked wrong but reduced FPS when on approach from RWY19 & or RWY14-32 when FTX YBBN was also installed.

All you need to do is right click the Batch file select run as Admin and let it do its thing. Take a look at that area in sim before you run the batch to see what improvements are made after you run it. I wish I still had my before & after pics the difference was pretty clear to see. BTW it also corrects an elevation file for that area as well.

Cheers Jeff

Hi Christoph,

Rwy 01 not so sure what that might be.

Maybe this might be what you remember reading about - there is a need to run the Batch file ( Remove_OZx_YBBN.bat ) found in Orbx\Scripts folder if you have OZx Aus, this corrects the area out beyond RWY 14 - 32 and the marshland out into Morten Bay. All you need to do is right click the Batch file select run as Admin and let it do its thing. Take a look at that area in sim before you run the batch to see what improvements are made after you run it.

Cheers Jeff

Hi Jeff!

That was exactly what i was searching for!

Thank You very much for Your reply!

Great!

Also happy to know now, that my ageing "simmer-brain" is still worth something and not already beginning to create fictional issues - ;):lol: - although i obviously messed up the runways!

Because the "issue" was indeed about Rwy14-32 and the marshlands into Morten Bay!

:)

And again Thank You very much Sid and Jack as well for Your help!

Now everyone:

Please consider this topic as "answered" and/or "solved".

Cheers, Christoph

Archived