Does Vector mess up UTX, 3rd Party Airports and Terrain Add-ons...?

Kilo60

Since Vector alters the FSX mesh will it mess up any/all 3rd party Airports, UTX, and any Terrain Add-ons (My City X series)?

Even with FS Global 2010 mesh with Vector, will I see problems with 3rd Party add-ons as stated above?

I don't have any mesh products currently installed but am nervous to take the plunge if it messes up all my purchased add-ons.

Thanks!

I guess it will, yes.

The first patch is announced and more to come to fix elevations and spikes, besides other things (as far as I understood).

The manual reads, that UTX is not compatible to Vector, even though you can use the LC of UTX, but not both vectordata.

In general there are spikes and elevation issues with Vector and FS Global mesh, atm.

My fingers are xed they will be settled after patches. Generell compatibility to 3rd party products? Dunno ;)

Cheers, Matthias

Since Vector alters the FSX mesh will it mess up any/all 3rd party Airports?

No, sure won't.

UTX?

Yes, clearly, as UTX is a vector + landclass utility. Replaces the vector portion of this tool.

any Terrain Add-ons (My City X series)?

No, you are good there as well.

Even with FS Global 2010 mesh with Vector, will I see problems with 3rd Party add-ons as stated above?

No problems for me with third party add-ons.

Now some freeware addons sometimes require some elevation adjustments, but even those are not common, and usually due to the fact that they are create first for FS9 and adapted for FSX.

Someone on the UTX forum says Vector works with UTX as long as UTX is at a higher priority. This is the default installation. So you can use the more detailed vector data in UTX where you have it and Vector for the rest of the world.

All I know is that it is working for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really (REALLY) interested in this - as I'm getting white patches flashing below my aircraft.  This usually indicates an LC or MESH conflict.

My FSGlobal X is installed at it's default location (according to instructions)

I have UTX and Scenerytech LC (the LC is sandwiched between UTX 'urban' and 'vegetation' as per UTX instructions) and it did work

perfectly.

There are a couple of ORBX 'LC' files that install above UTX.  I moved those down between 'urban' and 'vegetation'  (it seemed to make sense)

But I'm still getting the 'flashes'

Am I causing a conflict ? 

Archived