seasonal textures

mike4370

Yes, even if technically correct, the "tool used" should be adjusted to generate the correct landscape PNW, ie it must be adjusted or calibrated to produce consistent results, is not it?

In my humble opinion, this timely snow makes this point a little strange to surroundings, even from different points further north where there is no snow.

But, Holger, relax, I'm a simple user and I really like this area, and I felt too, well, troubled with this snow.

Cheers,

Sinesio

Yes there is a technical reason as holger points out....LOL..welcome to the warm land, the pacific northwest...its why million like to call it home...winter is well, easy to handle.

Hi there, Bryan, you really are a privileged guy: you live in one of the most beautiful and pleasant area in this our planet!

Cheers,

Sinesio

Hi guys,

as you can see in the link with the animated GIF the Bowerman area actually does have snow on the ground during the month of January but not in any of the other months. If you're seeing something else then perhaps you still have traces of the PNW Demo on your system as the demo is limited to displaying spring textures year-round. If in doubt search your \ORBX\FTX_NA\ folder tree for files with "DEMOv2" as part of their names and delete all of them.

Cheers, Holger 

Hi, Holger, 

In fact, in the Orbx directory: C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Microsoft Games \ Microsoft Flight Simulator X \ ORBX \ FTX_NA \ FTX_NA_PNW08_CUSTOM \ scenery, there is the file - "seasons_FTX_PNW_DEMOv2.bgl". In this case, as I understood , I delete it. Ok?

I'll test. At the moment, I have to tell you that I appreciated your readiness.

Thank  you very much.

Sinesio

Hi again, Holger,

Tested the suppression of the demo file.

Command of the Navy for PNW sent the following message: F/A-18E aircraft assigned to photograph the region in question. Result: the weather conditions are now conforming to the world of Orbx in January.

KHQM before the standardization of Orbx.

SqklW.jpg

PNW uniform for the month of January, as Orbx's World.

4Hfor.jpg

r5gx0.jpg

pZjse.jpg

K9XAa.jpg

Is there snow on the region in question?

For all purposes, thank you.

Big hugs.

Sinesio

Hi Sinesio,

looks like you've got the winter weather restored for the Bowerman area. Make sure that all files with "DEMOv2" in their names are deleted, there should be close to 40 of them.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Sinesio,

looks like you've got the winter weather restored for the Bowerman area. Make sure that all files with "DEMOv2" in their names are deleted, there should be close to 40 of them.

Cheers, Holger

Thank you very much.

Cheers,

Sinesio

Archived