Installed EGKA and now I'm getting error reports from FTX Central

twsimfan

I have a bunch of order numbers by now but this thread is regarding order number FSS0260633 placed on 2014-01-02.

I have a whole bunch of FTX bought and installed prior to now. Regions NA-PNW, NA-NRM, NA-CRM, NA-PFJ, & EU-ENG. I also have the vast majority of the payware airports for the 4 NA regions I have... only lacking 3 or 4.

I bought a ton of new stuff during your recently ended holiday sale.

Yesterday I installed and tested 7S3 & OG39. Both installed properly and were working great.

Today I set out to install the English airports I bought.

So far I installed EGHI & EGKA. Both seemed to install properly. At least the installer said they were properly installed. After putting in EGKA I thought I should double check to make sure that FTX Central was pointing to Europe. I'm not sure if that is necessary or not but just wanted to be safe. When I started up FTX Central now I'm getting a "Region Files Validation Report"... never got one of those before. It lists a whole bunch of files that FTX Central apparently thinks are missing. There is only one error " Custom file does not exist" but I have that one message a whole lot of times. This system (my system) is not allowing me to copy and past into this post so I will try to copy a couple of the lines.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\Custom au\BLDA2.dds

That is the first file it says does not exist. The rest are all in the same location or folder. The folder itself does exist and has 5 items in it. 4 "SPB Files" and 1 "XML Document".

I think all of the error messages regard .dds files.

The list runs alphabetically continuing with BLDA2LM.dds BLDE2.dds BLDE2LM.dds and ending up (after many files) with veg_tropical1.dds & veg_tropical2.dds.

At this point I should point out that I have no Australia or New Zealand FTX installed but suddenly I have a "Oceania" icon in FTX Central that has never been there before. Europe is selected but now I have icons for "Default", "Oceania", "Europe", and "North America".

I never had the Oceania one before I installed EGHI & EGKA. And I never got error reports before either!

I'm a little afraid to continue on for fear that I might damage my install of FSX.

I had planed to install EGHR (plus it's patch) & EGTR before reapplying England patch #3 and the current ORBX libraries and then testing all 4 of the English airports.

But I am worried to continue. I want to get those others in and test all 4 because I have a bunch of regions to install.

I have Scotland & Wales to put in for the EU stuff but I also bought AU SP4 and NZ North & South islands.

Is it possible that if I installed Australia it could may then find the "missing" files? Or is my FTX and/or FSX broken?

Please advise. ???

Thank you,

Tom Wunder

Hello Ed,

Thanks! That seems to have fixed the problem. At least I can start FTX Central without getting an error report and the Oceania icon is gone. It will be several days before I'll get far enough in my install process to put it back in for real. I like to test everything out as I go along and I'm old and slow. lol

I know the Southampton one is fairly new but shouldn't somebody consider taking that extra file out of the EGHI installer before some old guy like me has a heart attack? That had me worried.

You guys support your products so nobody can fault you there,

Thank you very much,

Tom Wunder

Good to hear Tom, 

we'll pull that file when we update our installers. The Orbxlibs installers actually has a fix to remove this file in the instances where a user does not haver AU or NZ installed, so we use that in the mean time as a solution.

Archived