Texture Problems at PAJN and EGHI

wolfko

As you can see from the screenshots below, I'm experiencing some major texture problems at PAJN. I Have installed PAJN the first time yesterday, SAK patch is installed. I even reinstalled  PAJN and SAK patch and the latest libraries twice, but without any success (i did no uninstall just reinstalled over the existing installs).

The border between the brownish and the greyish ground texture moves forward when the plane is moving forward until eventually the whole airport ground is covered with the brownish textures. I assume the brownish textures are the "correct" ones (don't be bothered by the intensity of the brown colour, this just is due to my  FTXAA settings).

Above problem II'm also experiencing at EGHI. There I did not yet try a reinstall.

At PAJN I'm  also experiencing some other problems as you can see from the winter shot. The textures in the foreground are not loading correctly and I think there might also be a mesh issue (I have set mesh to 5m).

I'm running FSX on Win 7, SP2, DX9.

Thanks in advance for your assistance. I'd like to enjoy these 2 masterpiece ASAP.  :)

qgtNo.jpg

m6DXA.jpg

I have now found out that the issue with the different colours of runway, taxiway and tarmac textures is related to visibility settings. The smaller the visibility the closer the border of colours will be to the aircraft, whereas unlimited visibility will totally eliminate the issue.

In the meantime I also found out that this problem appears at least the following of my airports PAJN, PAEN, EGHI & YBRM. These are all airports I have bought during the recent sale. So far I haven't detected the issue at any other of my airports. Maybe one of the devs can find out what the above airports have in common interfering with visibility settings. I'm also wondering, if I'm the only one experiencing this issue.

Regarding the problems clearly visible at the foreground of the PAJN winter shot I Kindly ask Russ to have a look into it.

Thanks!

Hello ,

About your first problem i had the same thing but after installing NA southern Alaska ((Blue)) ( not the patch i mean the full product ) i got it fixed 

knowing that i have

FTX Global + PAJN + NA Alaska + latest ORBXlib  

but in the other airport i didn't get such a problem it's working as standalone (needs no more addons to work ) so i suggest reinstalling it would be better .

make sure that after uninstalling EGHI start FSX and make it runs then close it and attemp to install the airport again !

sorry for my English 

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply and no reason to excuse for your English.

I did as you suggested and completely de-installed PAJN and SAK (Southern Alaska). Then reinstalled SAK (without patch) then PAJN. Unfortunately things did not improve. Then I installed the SAK patch and the latest library objects but nothing changed, I still have the same issues.

I also followed you suggestions regarding EGHI but was also unlucky with this one.

But thank you anyway, at least you replied and tried to help, which I appreciate very much! I'm only a bit disappointed, that no one of Orbx has cared about my obvious issues yet.

Hi Wolfgang,

This seems to be a strange issue, can you increase your view distance in the weather settings and tell me if that affects the problem? it seems as if the draw distance for the fog is somehow being incorrectly rendered over the GP.

As for the harsh lines around the airport more visible in the winter shot, that is not an issue but a side efect of FSX not dealing with sharp changes in terrain elevation very well. PAJN is built on a man made plateau to raise it above the river bed and flood plain.

Hi Russ and Jay, thanks for answering!

Yes positive, as I already wrote in my last post, the visibility setting has an influence where the border between the different colour shades located (no matter if I use Opus or the default weather). The higher the visibility the farer the border moves back. Unlimited visibility solves the issue completely and all of runway and tarmac all covered with the brownish texture..

I observed something else. When you look at the above pics, you will see a third texture shining through (clearer visible in the first pic below). There is another runway texture shining through (I assume the default runway). The strange thing is, this issue I have only with FTX Vector enabled. And when I slew towards the end of the runway the border between the colours follows exactly this skewed line across the runway at the end.

And another issue (see the third pic) appeared after playing around with Vector and Vector_AEC in the scenery library (enabling and disabling). The strange thing is, I can't get rid of it any more. Also the shape of this this graphical issue (pic 3) follows the pattern of the border between the 2 texture colours. So things seem to be related to visibility and also to Vector. Which is strange, because Vector should have no influence in a full fat region like SAK and at a custom airport like PAJN. I'm not sure if this is one or 2 different issues. I'm curious what you think. Thanks!

c16Uj.jpg

2yrCX.jpg

Rrf54.jpg

I'm really not sure where to go with this one, can you make sure PAJN is at the top of your scenery library, there should be no default runway visible under the FTX runway as it has been designated as zero width, so it seems there is a duplicate PAJN APX file somewhere.

Can you run a search of your FSX install directory for any file containing "PAJN" and rename any file found outside of the ORBX folder to ".OFF"

Hi Russ,

Many thanks for your reply. I try to send a more structured reply, then the last time, to make readinf easier for your  :smile:

• Outside of the Orbx folder there are some PAJN-fx files in the FX-Folder, some navdata files (SIDs & STARs) in the iFly NG directory. I renamed them all to .off, but no success.                                                                                   
  • Then there is a file ADE_FTX_SAK_PAJN_elevation_adjustment in the Microsoft Flight Simulator X/scenery/world/scenery folder. Renaming this to off builds up terrain over some parts of the runway. And there is a file with exactly the same name in a folder called "OFF" in Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.na. This folder contains loads of elevation adjustments of FTX-Airports. was this folder created by FTX-Vector? Which one of the  2  ADE_FTX_SAK_PAJN_elevation_adjustment files is the correct one for the correct one for working with your PAJN? BTW for every FTX airport which has a elevation-adjustment-file in the OFF-folder there is a file with the same name in the scenery/world/scenery-folder.                                                                                                                       
  • In the scenery/world scenery folder there also loads of Orbx/FTX traffic-files. All of them but one are related to an airport other then PaJN by name. There is just one with a general name: Traffic_FTX GA Traffic.bgl                         
  • Because of all the searching I found out that I have 3 scenery.cfgs - is that correct? I always thought there are only 2. One is in the main FSX-Folder, a 2nd one under C:\ProgramData\Microsoft and the 3rd one other under C:\Users\MyNamei\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

• I think there are 2 different issues:
  1. IMO at least the issue with the underlying runway is related to FTX-Vector, because unchecking  Vector in the Scenery Library at least eliminates "shining" through of the runway underneath, at least at         the threshold of RW26.
  2. The visibility related one with the 2 different colours I also experience at PAEN, EGHI and YBRM. All 4 airports I have bought during the sale and freshly installed. At the same time I also installed the 2 older airports of YMML and YBBN with which I do not have this issue. Could also this problem be related to Vector?                                                                                                                                                                                                      
  • Could issue 2 be related to my graphic drivers (311.06) or to my outdated card (GTX 460)?    

Thanks!

Hi Russ,

I did lot of testing and trying and made an interesting find. When using the DX10 Preview Mode, the issue with the 2 different colour shades of runway and tarmac does not appear!!!!  :)  No matter which visibility setting is used!

Does this finding help you to narrow down the problem? .

Unfortunately DX10 Preview Mode has lots of other disadvantages, so it is no option for me.

In that case it would suggest either the graphics card or graphics driver is to blame as DX9 uses different shaders to DX10.

DX10 may become an option for you soon as the PAJN service pack will support DX10 use.

As for the Vector issue creating runway problems, i am not best placed to answer that as i had nothing to do with the development of Vector and so no nothing of it's file usage or processes.

In that case it would suggest either the graphics card or graphics driver is to blame as DX9 uses different shaders to DX10.

DX10 may become an option for you soon as the PAJN service pack will support DX10 use.

As for the Vector issue creating runway problems, i am not best placed to answer that as i had nothing to do with the development of Vector and so no nothing of it's file usage or processes.

Hi Russ,

many thanks for your reply. I have updated my graphics drivers yesterday but without avail.

I think it's a good idea tu upgrade to DX10.

For the other issue I'll wait for the Vector-Service-Pack. Maybe this will solve the problem.

One last question: with your expertise, can you imagine that my shader files may be corrupted? 

Thanks, Wolfgang

PS: now I'm going to do some flying around your superb PAEN  :)

Archived