Black squares

mikee

I've seen them a few times but they're very rare and go away after 1 or 2 seconds. I think you get them when the terrain engine has done a lot of "catching up" and needs to upload a lot of textures to the video card.

I've seen them a few times but they're very rare and go away after 1 or 2 seconds. I think you get them when the terrain engine has done a lot of "catching up" and needs to upload a lot of textures to the video card.

Hi Mike!

I think JimmiG is correct here.

So far i have also not found any reliable "fix" for this issue, but the good thing at least is - as JimmiG has also pointed out - that those squares should dissapear again within a few seconds.

Cheers, Christoph

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks Mike for starting this thread. If anyone has a reliable fix that has helped with these black squares, I would also be keen to hear.

I get them around EGML mostly and, although they do go away again, it really ruins the immersion for me! Is there a setting that might reduce their occurrence that I can try?

Regards

Francois

Strangely I don't get black squares/rectangles but I do get the occasional light blue (slightly darker than the sky) and grey. 

I must say they are a damn nuisance from the enjoyment/irritation point of view and seem to occur during times of high memory usage or build up.

I'm not suggesting it, but they probably wouldn't happen if we all used FSX how Microsoft intended, which is with the scenery incuded with the game!  err....hobby?

The biggest mistake they made was a program made for powerful computers but which could only use 2GB of the memory.

John

Hi, did you test your rig lately with software like prime95. When this started to happen? 

A good gaming  computer is often not the most powerful but the most equilibrate.

We have about the same rig, did you do stuff like removing the GPU and memory and put them back. Is your place humid?

Checking power supply connector, unplug and plug back. Cleaning you CPU fan and heat sink.

When you pause the sim (when seeing a black square), does it go away after... how many second?

Defrag disk?

Ben

Archived