Is FTX Global VECTOR hard on FPS ?

Mikelab6

I can't comment for everywhere in the world, but in the Stuttgart, Germany area where I tested Vector so far the move from UTX to Vector actually increased frame rates.

I also think the overall 'feel' of the landscape is closer to the real thing, looking from the air. Of course it's still got some errors and missing stuff, but for me the overall result is worth it.

I am running Imaginesim.com KCLT airport and I normally get 18 to 22 frames while on the ground at that airport, mostly take off and after Vector, it goes from 16 to 19. Just a couple of FPS so no biggie. Still smooth. Once airborne I go back to my normal 30 FPS.

after i installed vectors i didn't notice any fps loss, i purchased pilots fs global 2010 and it started causing stutters so i had to make a few changes, my suggestion if you are flying in the u.s then uncheck the other areas of the world your not gonna be flying in from the scenery library in fsx or p3d and that does help fps, at least it does for me, i only fly in the u.s or Australia, so i have the rest of the world unchecked anyway, my fps range from 20-70 depending on where i am with all fsx sliders almost maxed out, but i have my ai traffic set to 5%.

Thanks Brett for this information !  With my old rig, I will probably going into some stutters too...

But perhaps I could assume than if my system is running great with FTX region it will also run great with FTX Vector & mesh, isn't it ?

But perhaps I could assume than if my system is running great with FTX region it will also run great with FTX Vector & mesh, isn't it ?

I don't have that experience, I notice a slight decrease in FPS and a slight increase in random stutter (especially in F11 camera review), compared to the average experience in FTX regions.

Archived