Learjet

John York

Hard to find. I've got the 20 series by Xtreme Prototypes. If you don't mind the old fashioned graphics of the gauges and the missing sounds for any switches I would say it's suitable and fun to fly - even if it isn't that easy to handle. What's even more challenging to find is a good sound for it.

It has a basic documentation with some tables for a quick calculation of the reference speeds as well as the T/O and landing distances and the approximate fuel consumption. Probably nothing compared to reality, but enough for non-hardcore flight simming as I do. I personally would recommend it if you like the classic steam gauges and if you don't need the NAV/GPS function.

Yes, that's the Gates model.  Very dated as you say DeeJay.  I would just like something a little more up to date and a little bigger and faster than the Cessna Mustang.

Actually, with the engines on the back Brad, they shouldn't be heard that much at all, unless you're outside that is!

John

The Xtreme Protorypes Learjet series 20 is a good plane. I bought it on a special offer and it really was worth the money I spent. I even found two add-on colourful liveries.

Usually in all of my planes I insert in the panel.cfg this very useful utility: (Window00=TextInfoGauge). It gives you all the necessary flight data in the external view mode.

Best regards,

Fulvio

Does anyone know of a good Learget?  I've got the Gates model but I don't think it likes DX10 too much.

John

Archived