Mutley's Hangar gives Cityscape Canberra a 9.9!

John Venema

That's an excellent appraisal and review of that software this time ... However I don't think Mutley's do bad reviews? in the same way PC Pilot Magazine dont either? MS Flight had one Mutley Mod have his say about it and anyone else chiming in was hounded off the boards for daring to speak up.

Scores of 9.9, 10/10  95% or even 99% should be taken with a pinch of salt IMHO, but in this particular case I think its a fair review and well written and well presented by someone knowledgeable about the area and very valid ... enough so to make it next on my list to see what all the fuss is about :)

Hi M31, thanks so much for your comments :) Well, a review is just honest when the writer is free to make his article in the way he wants, and generally it's so. You can read also another review here

http://asn.aerosoft.com/?page_id=25880

where Andre K. Aepfelbach has written his thoughts about the scenery, with very good comparaison respect the default terrain. In the bottom of the page is written this sentence "This review is written for Aerosoft Sim News and published via the Aerosoft website. While the reviewer has complete journalistic freedom, we ask the reader to keep in mind where the review is posted." and according to me is very indicative.

For me a writer is an artist of the words such as who makes a scenery and he must be free to write what he wants about a product, also something negative, if he thinks that the product is not good for him.

Reviews easily orients people in their choice, but when you read an article always you perceive, according to me, the right sensation about what you're reading.

Mutley's review, for me who made the scenery, is very honest, maybe contains the same things i would have written knowing well the scenery :)

Hi M31, thanks so much for your comments :) Well, a review is just honest when the writer is free to make his article in the way he wants, and generally it's so. You can read also another review here

http://asn.aerosoft.com/?page_id=25880

where Andre K. Aepfelbach has written his thoughts about the scenery, with very good comparaison respect the default terrain. In the bottom of the page is written this sentence "This review is written for Aerosoft Sim News and published via the Aerosoft website. While the reviewer has complete journalistic freedom, we ask the reader to keep in mind where the review is posted." and according to me is very indicative.

For me a writer is an artist of the words such as who makes a scenery and he must be free to write what he wants about a product, also something negative, if he thinks that the product is not good for him.

Reviews easily orients people in their choice, but when you read an article always you perceive, according to me, the right sensation about what you're reading.

Mutley's review, for me who made the scenery, is very honest, maybe contains the same things i would have written knowing well the scenery :)

Absolutely.

As a late aside from this and some PM feedback from the MH staffer I fell out with who joined here with 0 posts to PM me recently ... I've had some very, very odd (borderline threatening) feedback from him that I've saved and taken screen shots of as well as his past behaviour (I guess he knew who he was) and resorted to blocking him, but hopefully let him know why I said what I did and were really quite innocent comments on my part.

We had a bit of history and I was wrong to even hint of that here, in no way has constant positive bias ever put me off anything and I will personally go order this product right now as assurance I agree with the review.

I just like to read between the lines I guess :)

Merry Christmas to all.

Edit: Canberra City Scape order FSS0255573 downloading now.

Well, i think that a review is very useful to have extra informations about a product, that they doesn't come from the staff who made and test a scenery, it's the point of view of a possible expert user, so this is important for the people to understand if that product meets their expectatives or not :) About the cityscape, i am sure you will enjoy it!

I spent about an hour on VFR around it today, its superb, bought the Canberra airport as well now.

I guess sometimes something negative sparks something positive.

Fair play >:D

Archived