Next Purchase Suggestion - Global or Regions

ss944

Hello all

i have been using the ORBX PNW and Australia regions for the past 2-3 years and i enjoyed flying these areas. I have been following the new product announcements etc from ORBX which is really exciting. 

I currently have PNW + All regions of Australia (on DVD) + Starks Twin Oaks.. I have also been spending on other GA aircrafts and have several of them as well. 

I would love to get all the ORBX products - but neither can i afford all of them at once and it also doesnt make sense as i dont spend that much time flying in the virtual world :) 

I live in NJ and would love to see North East on ORBX.. which i dont see in their roadmap.

I am posting to here to get some suggestions on which orbx product to get next..  

I see there is a great sale on FTX regions going on currently and am wondering whether i should get a few more regions to my collections?! 

But then i also wonder if should get FTX Global and  slowly get the OPen LC packs?!

am a bit confused - any suggestions on how to go about it would be greatly appreciated. 

(good thing is i have a few more days to decide as the sale ends on Jan 2nd)

Thanks

Sri

Depends on your budget and what you want out of your sim. If you want to fly the mid-atlantic region of the US, I would get FTX Global. If you purchase it now, you'll get a discount on FTX Vector when it is released. Then you can purchase OpenLC for the regions that interest you (like North America and Australia, for example). Just my 2 cents, which is adjusted for inflation.

Todd

You might want to look at the fact that FTX Global will expand good simming to all of the world outside the regions that you currently own. The full regions are good,and should definitely be on the horizon for future purchases, but FTXG and the coming LCs will connect everything together. Any choice you make will be great.

Hi Roger - I just bought both the other day- will install soon.   Can you suggest any interesting areas to fly?   Appreciate your thoughts....   Howard

You haven't installed them yet?! Oh man!

You HAVE TO pick up CRM and Fjords. I'm surprised you don't own them yet, you should get them while on sale!

Just a thought, try KSEA to Aukland in Concorde X. Should take you about 4-5 hours. 

Hi Roger - I just bought both the other day- will install soon.   Can you suggest any interesting areas to fly?   Appreciate your thoughts....   Howard

Hi Howard, I don't think that you can go past starting around the Queenstown and Milford Sound area and going out from there. The two islands are quite different, the South is mountainous while the North is very hilly with a few volcanoes. Both give you a wide range of flying experiences. Make sure you visit the unregistered airstrips. Some are a great challenge.

Great flying.

Thank you for the suggestions. Appreciate it.. 

Roger - i had read so many great things about NZ scenery and watched several youtube videos - very tempting.. 

Todd, Paddler - Thank you. Yes. The fact that the whole world opens up once i purchase FTX Global has me interested in this more.. In terms of budget - I did have one when i started this a couple of years ago and lets just say with buying several aircrafts which sleep in my  virtual hangar and various other packages i have blown through them and then some :) .. 

Another interesting thing about ftx global is the freeware NA airports -- Hopefully they make a freeware Princeton NJ or Morristown Muni in NJ - then i am all set :) .. 

Archived