Over Laos (P3Dv2)

Vora

Outside of the FTX regions AU, NZ and NA I regularly fly in southeast Asia from PNG up to southern China. As this area is mostly overlooked by MS and the community there were only a few sceneries covering only limited parts of my favourite flying area.

FTX Global changed that finally. The special Asian texture sheets are pretty spot on.

Also, with FSGlobal Ultimate Asia/Oceania (which I got into P3Dv2 with a certain migration tool) the uniqueness of the mountains in northern "Indochina" and southern China is finally well covered.

The pictures are taken while testing P3Dv2 settings in the karstic mountains of northern Laos around Luang Prabang (VLLB).

The jagginess is from the internet hoster. AA actually works pretty well

Q6Win4u.jpg

A view northwestern view along the Mekong

BuIjIJd.jpg

Needless to say that I'm eagerly awaiting FTXGlobal VECTOR and OpenLC Asia :)

Lovely pics and pretty realistic too as far I remember from loooong ago! I flew once, in the RW, from Vientiane to Luang Prabang in a DC3 and back in a C47... Now the only thing is the color of the river, it should muddy brown more than that greenish blue.

With a good mesh FS9 didnt short change this region but I suppose that FSX default is awful, full of sand and cypresses! Looks good here.Mae Hong Songin Thailand was a favourite of mine in FS9, :). There were good airport freeware then.

.... Now the only thing is the color of the river, it should muddy brown more than that greenish blue......

.......Mae Hong Songin Thailand was a favourite of mine in FS9, :). There were good airport freeware then.

True, the Mae Kong River isn't that greenish blue, that should be changed.

Yes it's a pity not to have a Mae Hong Son airport for FSX but there's a very nice Chiang Mai (VTCC) airport scenery from a Thai designer available. Google may help you to find.

Spirit

Archived