scenery problems with FTX GLOBAL

deleted

Hi everybody,

first, I want to excuse my bad english.

hopefully someone can help me out with this. i got some scenery problems with FTX Global. Here are some pictures. Should it look like this ?

I uninstalled and reinstalled it several times. nothing changed. It looks like this every time I want to fly in autmn times. (some parts are snowy, some not. very strange are the edges... everything looks wrong placed. look also at the trees)

appreciate your help !

greetings

Paul

jO5S.jpg

hZNJM.jpg

2iMxs.jpg

MRrnf.jpg

QrWCz.jpg

Hard winter is controlled by the FSX seasons.bgl global file so depending on worldwide location you will see some hard winter textures during autumn, usually in the far northern hemisphere. FTX Global is only a texture replacement and does not make edits to the seasons.bgl file - this will be a function of openLC.

Small problem trying to check locations for comparison.  You need to include the coordinates, time and date when the screen shot was made.  That way others can duplicate these on their sim so they will be at the exact place and time you saw.  Otherwise it would just be an approximation and not accurate.

Hi there,

unfortunately, as John mentioned, the default seasons file is rather poor, particularly in areas of transition between different seasons, as in your example. If you look at my attached screenshot of the same area you'll see the "shotgun" pattern of white and grey cells that indicate mild (= grey) and hard (=white) winter seasonal variations. That's what leads to the corresponding blocks in your screenshots, and a similar issue occurs during March. Note that if you switch to October all of that area will show fall texture variants while in December it's going to be all hard winter and thus snow-covered.

Not sure though what the issue is with the misplaced autogen; looks like something's amiss with your FTXG installation in that regard or possibly an interaction with a third-party landclass add-on.

Cheers, Holger

post-375-0-92430100-1384979692_thumb.jpg

Hello Holger,

thank you very much. So, that the edges are hard is normal, and the texures itself are looking the same ? or should the textures which are green more grey and snowy ? you see, I am a bit confused by your grey and white picture :) . Forgive me that. Could you or someone else post one more picture showing the ingame FSX at the same position and time like mine ?

what do you mean with misplaced autogen ? could you explain that to me.. sorry if I am annoying :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived