Photoreal areas

teecee

The Port Kembla NSW area and the Tamar River-Bell Bay-Georgetown area in Tas would lend themselves very well to photoreal overlays.. As I would imagine these highly industrial areas are very hard to reproduce .. is there any chance of someone having a go at these? Teecee.

Tried it several times.. failed miserably.. though not with the Ozx instructmions..

OK... no interest.. well how about this.. someone put in the Photoreal. and I will place buildings, factories wharves ships etc with instant scenery?. Teecee.

Terry I can do it quickly for you, but there will be no seasonal support, just base PR. If you send me some KML files from GE (for the areas you need) I can crank out what you need and upload the BGLs for you. You can then load them into annotator.exe and add the autogen. Let's make it our little side project ok? (As if I don't have enough on my plate already LOL!)

TIP: If we avoid grass, vegetation and other seasonal areas, the PR will work fine in all seasons. Things like rocks, quarries, industrial areas etc, usually don't need seasonal variations. Also, there's no point doing housing estates etc, since the FTX landlclass stuff does a tip-top job of doing those.

The combination of Photoreal and Landclass texturing seems to be an ideal compromise to give us simmers the best environment to fly in.  At this rate and with assistance of the good folk at OzX, Oz is and will definitely be for a long time, the best country overall to fly in in MSFS.

Cheers and thanks Orbx and OzX guys for all of your extremely diligent and high quality work, it is very much appreciated.

Unfortunately I have no skills or experience in this area, so am reluctant to post in this topic.  But the mention of possible coverage of Burnie / the harbour has me very excited (as a former resident of the NW Coast of Tassie - Penguin and Burnie - now living on the mainland).  Kman, would be fantastic if you can do something in that area!  ;)

Cheers. And my hats-off to all developers who do such magnificent work, be it commercially or just as a hobby, for others to enjoy.

WOW!!!.. Have not looked at this thread for some hours.. (16hrs behind you guys in aus) and what a surprise.. so many responses.. OK.. John.. If  you can REALLY spare the time.. Port Kembla and Bell Bay/Georgetown would be magic.. Neither of these areas have any grass that you would notice, so the seasonal thing is of little consequence.. the night textures though would be nice, and I will do the work on the Autogen as promised.. any items for release would come to Orbx for approval and release.. If you tell me here to go ahead I will send you screenies from GE of the two areas.. Teecee.

• 1 month later...

Archived