Scotflight airports for ORBX FTX Scotland

AviatorMan

Hi Mike,

I purchased them a few weeks ago, they fit in well with the Orbx Scottish scenery, and for £20 quid worth It, I think. Quality not as good as dedicated Orbx, or Sim720's airports,

but a big improvement on default, I'd say they were on par with UK2000's original airport volumes.

Just make sure that they are placed above Orbx files in FSX, with any UK2000 Scottish extreme airports on top of Scotflights scenery.

Cheers,

Mal...

• 1 year later...

Hi All

Worked with Scotflight Scenery for some years when it was linked to Playsims Photoreal Scenery Addon .

Still have this set up for my local area-Orkney

Works very satisfactorily but perhaps dated as Photoreal Scenery loses ground to the Orbx system.

Now available with Orbx-same set up-works well

Only one clash on my system

Sumburgh Airport is available as a Scotflight Addon but doesn't work if the Orbx version installed.

I use the Orbx Sumburgh version and all is OK

Xxd09

Has anyone purchased these airports by 3rd party developer Scotlight?  Any comments on their quality compared to ORBX's own airports?

http://www.scotflightscenery.com/

Have a chat with M31, he is very knowledgable regards this developer and integration into Orbx..see link to his comments in other thread...

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/85272-mutleys-hangar-reviews-egpb-sumburgh-and-gives-it-gold/#entry805131

LOL Thanks Shaun.

I've actually just finished posting there as regards buying ORBX Sumburgh with the newly released versions of Scotflight for ORBX, a few wee problems with Sumburgh but it may be my fault, I'll look at it again tomorrow with a less tired brain.

But Scotflight for FSX and now ORBX with P3Dv2 is a really nice *ultra* detailed addon, been contributing and did a short beta test to it for years now, and since the FS9 ver to make sure/heavily hinted areas I liked were included :)

Its fine scenery to enhance what we have already with ORBX Scotland ... well worth the money IMHO.

Just make sure you buy the right version, Photo scenery still seems to be their main product but Scotflight do seem to be branching into ORBX FTX now too, great stuff.

EDIT: Actually Mal/Anfield Ace ... I have the three SIM720 Scottish airports as well, even visited the three of them in my life and know Inverness airport really well ... I hate to put one good talent against another, but I think the current Scotflight versions are better and I say that without bias, just my own comparison and honest feedback opinion.

Dont get me wrong ... I think the guys at SIM720 are uber talented, but perhaps they had not realised those airports were very well covered with the Scotflight package already? Had they realised this they might have concentrated on other obscure airports that we all love and want.

No regrets spending my money with Sim720 or Scotflight though, its all good.

Archived