Scenery Problems

robespierre

Order No;FSS0234778/FTX:EU Wales.

Flight Sim Store.

I am just a few weeks new to FSX.I downloaded The ORBX producct for Wales and have 2 problems with it.

1.When in flight,trees just keep popping up,in front and to the side, whilst it seems that all other scenery is already there.Yet certain aspects of this scenery seems to 'clarify' as I fly eg shorelines.

2.The other scenery isn't that much of an improvement on FSX default.Going down low,there isn't the definition I expected when looking at screenshots from the Flighstore,PC PIlot review and videos on you Tube of ORBX Wales.

I have adjusted all settings in FSX as per instructed.

My PC has;

Windows 7,64 bit

CPU AMDQuad Core,3.00GHZ,Radeon HD 6550D built in graphics

8GB memory

500GB HDD

It's all very disappointing and any help would be appreciated.

2013-11-1_12-49-5-358.BMP

2013-11-1_12-49-29-420.BMP

2013-11-1_12-55-1-212.BMP

2013-11-1_12-56-46-992.BMP

2013-11-1_12-57-19-301.BMP

2013-11-1_12-57-52-115.BMP

2013-11-1_12-57-54-458.BMP

2013-11-1_12-58-19-171.BMP

2013-11-1_12-58-27-773.BMP

Hi,

i am having problems.

I have flown around a bit,pressed V but the files are marked .bin and Windows 7 is saying that it cannot open them.The instructions just say 'open'.I have looked on the web about .bin files and it is quite confusing and I don't know whether to trust any of the downloads security and add-ons wise.

I can now see that the trees just pop-up in FSX ordinary but because of the poor lanscape it is not that noticeable.

I suppose you still need the screen shots.Any advise how to open them,what programme to use?I feel a bit out of my depth here.

I have the screenshots ready to post but they will not upload via weblink.

The files are copied into the box and I hit upload,then after a few minutes-the message 'the files have not uploaded'.I have tried this several times without success.

A couple of things.

Firstly, even though JayKae helped you out with the screenshots, it's a pain to open them, so learn how to add your own screenshots.

Next, when taking screenshots, you need to have your coordinates displayed (ctrl+z) so that others can check out the location they were taken in.

Next, trees popping into view is just a sad limitation of FSX, you'll find it happens all over the planet.

Last, I doubt you've seen any screenshots advertising the product taken from the altitude you were at in your screenshots.

You may simply have a far too higher expectation of what any add-on does.

1- go into your FSX display settings menu and change the global texture resolution slider to maximum.

2- on the filtering drop down menu select Anisotropic

3- go to the scenery tab at the top and change the level of detail radius to maximum or medium if you have slow performance

4- change the mesh resolution slider to 5m

5- change the texture resolution slider to 7cm

6- change water effects slider to low 2.x

your scenery looks to be installed ok, the issues you see are because FSX is not setup optimally so with the above changes you should see a big difference. Also in your graphics card control panel make sure your texture filtering settings are on maximum.

The settings were already those as per the instructions that came with the download.i have,however,tweaked them for those recommendations that are given above.However,the graphics are integrated into the processor-so there is no graphics control panel,RadeonHd 6550D-600mhz core clock,400 stream processors..

There does not appear to be any difference.Yes,it is better at 5k feet and so on but one has to come down at some stage and the quality is as you see on the screenshots-very poor.I have tried several times to upload, as per instructions, the screenshots without success.So,there are those above as posted by JayKae.So,unless you,Russ,can suggest something else then I will have to accept that it isn't  going to work for me.

Hmm, unfortunately I suspect that the poor graphics are just the first-gen APU struggling under the load of FSX. The Llano APU's are based on budget Athlon II CPU's that first came out nearly 5 years ago, roughly equivalent in power to older Core 2 Duo's.

However, you can still access the graphics control panel with an APU, AMD's drivers include the Catalyst Control Center which should have your options for forcing anti-aliasing and texture filtering. I have an APU in my media center box and as far as I can remember the control center is installed with drivers.

I checked the AMD website and it is as you say,a llano APU in the integrated graphics.

I have downloaded the control panel and made setting as per recommended but I can't see much difference.

I suppose the only real way to improve matters is to install a graphics card.I presume the APU in the separate card takes-over and by-passes the integrated CPU graphics.

I presume the APU in the separate card takes-over and by-passes the integrated CPU graphics.

Usually yes, but to make sure, after the new graphiccard is installed and recognized by your OS, it should be disabled in the BIOS. Also you should start with a new fsx.cfg, to avoid that you carry over old settings and duplicate graphic card entries.

I am a bit out of my depth here.I know how to get into the BIOS.I presume you mean 'disable the integrated graphics function.'The 'new fsx.cfg,I just don't understand.There are .cfg files in the FSX programme folder but how does one go about getting new ones?

Simply delete the FSX.cfg and restart FSX, it will build a new one automatically, this can help resolve problems if you've tweaked with the CFG a lot.

Only delete that file though. Don't touch any others.

The FSX.cfg is not located in the root FSX folder but in your appdata, typically to get to it is to go to C: / Users / *Your Name* / AppData / Roaming / Microsoft / FSX

Archived