KJAC INSTALL CONFUSION,need PNW and Central Rockies ?

seehunt

Hi. I just received the KJAC cd/dvd and on the box it says I need the ORBX FTX NORTHWEST scenery ( bottom of cd/dvd case backside )  and it also says I need the ORBX FTX Central Rockies ( top of cd/dvd case backside ).

It's confusing me......

1. do I need both of these sceneries before I can install KJAC  ??

2. or only one of them ?

3. If so then which one ?

I already have ORBX PNW scenery installed.

Thank you,

B Hunter

Thank you for the guidance, Administrator.  The flightsim store shows it has the "ORBX-FTX: NA Gold USA Central Rocky Mountains" download

with this delivery option: " download with DVD-ROM ( digital media service  )".

1. I assume it means u can get the Central Rocky Mountains on an DVD.

2. And if that is so, does the DVD come with a self installer ?????

PS it's really hard to understand that a retail site does not have point of contact or a person / persons of Contact.

Thank You for your time and assistance,

B Hunter

G'day B Hunter,

Central Rocky Mountains (CRM) may still be available on boxed DVD from some online stores, it would be best to check with your preferred store to see if they still have copies in stock.

If not, flightsimstore.com has CRM available for sale as an instant download.

Cheers, and hope you very much enjoy flying around KJAC.

Jarrad

seehunt,

The FlightSim Store has the option to buy the "Download with DVD-ROM" under the delivery option.

With that option, you can instantly download CRM, plus FSS will also mail you a DVD with the CRM installer on it.

You don't need to download a thing.  Just wait for the DVD in the mail.  The installer on the DVD is the same as the one you can download.

Click on it, the installer begins, you will be asked for your order date, order number, & registration key, and then the product will install.

FYI, the CRM installer on the "Download with DVD" is different from the DVD "Boxed" version of CRM that used to be on sale.  The scenery is exactly the same, but the "Boxed" version does not have copy protection, so there is no registration step.

Cheers,

Matt

Thanks fir the replies and help...all of you.  I found a boxed version on  EBay just now but the cover does not say "NA Gold"   Will this work for me ?

Do any of u know of a flight sim retail site that has the boxed version of Orbx CRM ??.

B Hunter / seehunt

Thanks fir the replies and help...all of you.  I found a boxed version on  EBay just now but the cover does not say "NA Gold"   Will this work for me ?

Do any of u know of a flight sim retail site that has the boxed version of Orbx CRM ??.

B Hunter / seehunt

B Hunter,

It's ebay, so I have no idea if it is legitimate.  You could contact the seller.

Sorry, but I don't know where to find a "boxed" CRM from another re-seller.

The only CRM I currently see on ebay is $44.95 and the seller is in Germany.

The download version from FSS is only $23.68 USD (at today's estimated exchange rate).

Adding the DVD is an additional $8 if you can't download.  Don't know what your shipping would be, but it might still be cheaper than the boxed version from ebay.

If you have an OK internet connection and just want a back-up, you can download from FSS and then burn a copy of the installer to a DVD yourself or save a copy to an external HD for future re-installs.

If your internet is slow and you don't want to download, the DVD from FSS will work fine.  You don't need a fast internet connection to validate CRM online.  If your FSX computer doesn't have any internet, you can also choose to do a manual validation.  Detail about that can be found here: http://www.flightsimstore.com/fssoa.php

I have seen posts from people that download, burn the installer to a DVD, and use manual validation.  They then have the codes to re-install and validate in the future without the need to ever contact FSS.

Cheers,

Matt

Our products are not allowed to be on-sold on eBay or other online sales sites, that is a breach of our EULA and you won't receive support for it if you do purchase it.

Even though we shipped products on physical media you don't *own* the software, only the right to use it yourself via a license agreement.

I hope this is clear.

Archived