is this correct?

mazelda

Hi guys

Not sure if this is correct as I had a problem with my operating system just after I installed the Iceland off demo and this might be the cause however, on taking off from BIKF  if you look at the tundra just inland I

have textured white areas of land and occasional earth coloured areas but they are all perfectly straight edged joins ,making it look totally unrealistic , I'm running dx 10 and for some reason can't grab pictures to show you what I mean

has anybody else had this or do you think I should uninstall then reinstall the package.

Thanks

rMoD.jpg

ok, so this is what I mean about the straight lines between textures should it look like this or have I done something wrong?

there are also a couple of places were there are blocks of non white texture amid the white stuff

thanks

Hi there,

are you using Addon Converter X? We've seen cases where it has converted the ground texture blendmasks into a file format that makes them unusable by FSX and thus one ends up with straight edges; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/57316-sak-texture-problem/?hl=pavd

Cheers, Holger

Hi there,

good to hear that was the issue. I believe it's possible to keep using Addon Converter X with FTX regions. You just need to make sure that it doesn't convert any textures inside the FTX scenery folders and there should be a menu setting for that.

Cheers, Holger

Archived