Iceland Demo - Dawn/Night/Dusk Textures during Day Time

wolfko

Hi Guys,

First of all thank you very much for this great product. Since I have never been to Iceland in FSX before (nor in real life :) ) I took a look there before installing the demo just to see the difference. And oh boy, what a difference it was! This scenery is amazing!

The only drawback I experience, is that I have night/dawn textures displayed in the cities also during day time. There are those yellowish spots, which mimic lights, all over in the cities mainly in the streets. That’s just fine and looks great during dawn/night/dusk but not during day time.

Since this issue can’t be seen in the preview shots nor in the pics in the user guide I assume something went wrong with my installation. Do you reckon I should do a reinstall or is there another solution?

Thanks in advance, Wolfgang

This is a known issue with the Fall season textures in Iceland and the default seasons definition file. There is no real way to overcome this other than doing a quick scenery refresh to force the correct daytime textures to display.

We will patch the Iceland Demo to resolve this and other issues should we find a solution (which may include a custom seasons.bgl file).

Archived