KJAC performance

Mac_Maddog88

Just wondering, for those who own KJAC, how does it run for you guys? I'd like to pick it up tonight, but just wanted to know what it runs like for you guys. I've read aerosoft's review, which says with sliders mostly full right, they get around 30 FPS.

Believe me, I don't need every car in the parking lot! Id much rather have the performance than what I deem as unnecessary. Obviously, I can control what's loaded and all in the control panel.

In general though, how's it run? I only plan on using my skymaster and default CRJ there, at least until Aerosoft's CRJ is released, which they rumor is very FPS friendly. And I have heard that performance is better at some ORBX airports than default, mainly due to the poor coding of default FSX objects.

Thanks

Well...for me, frame rates take a bit of a hit...which is strange, because I don't get the same performance when flying in the other Orbx airport scenery I have.  West Yellowstone and Bozeman, for example, are smooth as silk.

I agree, while I don't find it a problem in particular, I do find that it perfroms less well than a lot of other sceneries. Just guessing, but that may be due to the pretty large area of photoscenery. However, the performance certainly wouldn't stop me from getting it, as I think it's a great airport. I've also just got my hands on Yellowstone and the two make a great combination.

In your C337, you'll want to attend to your mixture control and de-icing as the runway is about 6500 ft altitude, and you can only climb at a rate of near 500 f/m adding some exciting weather (like Orbx Weather #5) and it's really fun getting out of the valley :)

Dave

Archived