YMML tower sent me to the right parking spot!

Ed Correia

Nothing exciting screenshot wise..., but this afternoon was one of those flights where everything went right. Its a shame that I only started taking screenies at the end. Flew from YMLT and upon arrival to YMML requested a visual approach to runway 16. The spacing between a Tiger Airways in font of me and another Virgin Blue behind was perfect. And once I landed, ground directed me to the Virgin Blue terminal. Basically whatever could go well, went well. So yeh, I'm quite chuffed with myself at the moment. ;D

Happy New Year, all.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Isn't it great when it all comes together?. Did an IFR Moorabbin > Essendon on the weekend, vectors spot on, even followed the ILS onto 26 no problem, greased to landing, rolled out to parking w/out touching the grass once....gotta love it when it all falls into place :)

Its just the default 737 with a VB repaint from Avsim. It'll have to do till PMDG come out with their 737 for FSX. I must admit though that the default 737 has a nice virtual cockpit. Very frame rate friendly when flying into YMML.

Ed

I confess, no idea what the MAG signs are. And also, Marty, you probably could tell me this. On a recent visit to the viewing site on the western side of 16/34 I noticed these pairs of white structures about 1m - 2m high. No other way to describe but as a giant golf ball sitting on a tee. Any idea as to the purpose of these?

Ed

Edit - in the foreground of this picture and you'll see what I mean. http://www.airliners.net/photo/Qantas/Airbus-A380-842/1405620/M/

Archived