KJAC Runways

FlexFlier

KJAC and surrounds are beautiful, and very accurate as of their design date (I live in Jackson Hole).

A question about the airport runways. There is only one true runway (1-19) but two other runways (2 & 3) are in the list of starting points when selecting the airport. I got curious and opened the BGL and saw the additional runways (of no length): one in the airline gate area with a taxipath but not a parking spot, the other in the General Aviation ramp area with no taxipath and no parking spot. ???

Can you help me understand why these are part of the airport? Are they for AI traffic? Or, possibly our use as directed by Ground Control when flying in and out of KJAC?

Thanks for the great scenery :D ...and the help.

G'day FlexFlier,

You are correct that there are several other starting locations (2,3 etc) but these are designated helicopter landing areas - they correlate with the helipads to the north of the terminal in the scenery. 

If you are opening the airport APX bgl in an editor (ADE or similar) and seeing different to this, I suspect you may either be looking at the default FSX version of KJAC, or another addon-scenery APX file. If you have any payware AI traffic addons, these often ship with APX bgl's which can clash with ORBX airports. For the record, the APX file for our KJAC is named KJAC_APX.bgl and can be found in Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KJAC\scenery.

I hope this clears this up for you - let me know how you go.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Jarred,

Thanks for the quick response.

Before I comment, I must say that I have become addicted to Orbx products. You guys are doing a terrific job in making FSX more like a true simulator and it's greatly appreciated.

I suspected that they were meant for the helipads. The one furthest north (Pad #1) is correctly placed but for reasons unknown the other two appear on the main ramp. Since I do have Traffic360 AI so perhaps that is the issue.

Although I thought I followed the instructions correctly, I have had trouble uploading pictures before but maybe I'm lucky this time. Again, thanks for the support.

Dr62q.jpg

G'day Flexiflyer,

Sorry, I must have been looking at something else. The three "starting points" are just listed as alternative locations to start your aircraft. They don't correlate with any runways, but refer the user to three of the most likely non-rwy starting points - the most central gate at the terminal, the GA/corporate area and one of the helipads.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived