Uninstalling Gex Europe AFTER instlling FTX Global?

mattius

Just a quickie here. I had GEX Europe installed on my System which created 2 folders in my FSX main directory. They were Ground Environment X Europe & GEX-n Backup.

I installed FTX Global & as  far as I could see it would just overwrite the GEX texture files. However, the 2 original GEX folders take up 5.44GB of HD Space.

Now my question is should I uninstall  GEX Europe from the control panel or would this delete files in the main texture directory that FTX Global replaced or would it just be simpler to delete these two directories from my FSX Folder?

My understanding is, that GEX does only one thing: replacing the original FSX textures. So does FTXG (am I right?). Based on this I would...

1. Deactivate FTXG in FTX central (So you return to GEX textures).

2. Start the GEX center and use the backup, to return to FSX default textures.

3. You may uninstall GEX then.

4. Peacefully go to FTX central and reactivate FTXG.

To me this sounds safe. Or?

Thanks for your help but Walter method is unavailable to me as I did not back up the original texture directory, (although I did when installing GEX - hence the GEXn-Backup)! Stillwater's method seems safe although the or? worries me. Surely the easiest & safest method would be to delete the 2 folders I mentioned earlier or would this cause me unforeseen problems?

must admit that without backup it will keep the textures that where installed, hnece my remark to first un-install FTX Global, and then GEX, hopefully that you did make a backup when you installed that, if you didn't do that either, then probably a complete re-install is in order, sorry can't recomend anything else :(

I did make a backup when I installed GEX as explained in post #5. Is it OK to uninstall FTC Global without the FTX Global backup & then proceed as you previously mentioned:-

first uninstall FTX Global and then revert to original textures using GEX backup.

Then uninstall GEX.

then re-install FTX Global + the v1.1 patch + the latest library files

Archived