YBBN Graphics Quality

Wastelander

Hi,

I know it must be someting simple but I cant cfor the life of me get the runway/taxi and edge markings to runways as SHARP as I see on the Orbx Preview videos.

I believe I used to have them set right but now!!

I have used XTX Central and XTX Aero to set highest settings but still get blurred edges and no line markings?

I have FTX Aero :

Detailed Bump Map - Cracked

Runway 18 Texture - 2048x2048

Taxiway Marking - Single Yellow

FTX Central V1.0 Build 1036 July 2013

Australia Selected

Use Orbx Trees

Vector Road Lights

YBBN Control Panel:

FSX Ground Poly + Static Airlines (This is the only one that taxi/markings show)

ALL options selected.

Help Appreciated

PS I did download and install updated ORBX LIBS and have that first on the load list in FSX.

the apron and rwy textures are photoreal, hence the slightly blurry effect, make sure you have all updates and patches for your FTX Titles installed from the support page => http://fullterrain.com/support.html

Have a look at your YBBN CP and adapt settings

I'd also advice to have a look at your vidcard settings as your AA seems a bit off looking at your aircraft in the last screenshot.

Set your ground texture resolution to 7cm for the best results. Also please ensure your video card settings have anisotropic filtering (AF) set to 16x. If you visit the YBBN product page and view the screenshot gallery you will see how it is meant to look.

Because the apron poly is at 7cm you must set the texture resolution to the same value to avoid blurry textures.

Please don't show us screenshots from another vendor's airport, I have hidden your post.

Please follow the advice given to see the airport as it was intended and you will get the results you expect. I am marking this topic 'Answered' and moving it to the support forum.

as said in my previous post, check your Vidcard settings and make sure you have both patches for YBBN installed available on the support page

Both Patches??

I believe I have but the patch names would help confirm this.

Please don't show us screenshots from another vendor's airport, I have hidden your post.

Please follow the advice given to see the airport as it was intended and you will get the results you expect. I am marking this topic 'Answered' and moving it to the support forum.

I suppose I could have used ORBX Melbourne but that was the one I picked...... :-\

I Hope this info helps.

FTX AA ORBX LIBRARIES VER 130927 27th September 2013
FTX AU TRAFFIC V3.02 January 2011
FTX AU YBBN BRISBANE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT VERSION 1.21 - May 2011
FTX AU YBLN BUSSELTON AIRPORT VERSION 1.5 (SP3) October2009
FTX AU YLIL LILYDALE AIRPORT VERSION 1.5 (SP3) March 2010

FTX AU YMLT VERSION 2.5 (SP3) October2009
FTX AU YMML MELBOURNE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT VERSION 2.0 - NOVEMBER 2010
FTX AU YPLC PORT LINCOLN AIRPORT VERSION 1.5 (SP3) October 2009
FTX AU YPMQ PORT MACQUARIE AIRPORT VERSION 2.0 (SP3) October 2009
FTX AU YRED REDCLIFFE AIRPORT VERSION 3.0 (SP3) October 2009
FTX AUSTRALIA SP4.002 - MAY 2011
uqe9.jpg7qdy.jpgc8e0.jpg3v66.jpggy83.jpg

Set your ground texture resolution to 7cm for the best results. Also please ensure your video card settings have anisotropic filtering (AF) set to 16x. If you visit the YBBN product page and view the screenshot gallery you will see how it is meant to look.

Because the apron poly is at 7cm you must set the texture resolution to the same value to avoid blurry textures.

Texture set to 7cm.

Another reply suggested 15cm?

Checking filtering.

It seems it might be a bad YBBN installation since YMML looks crisp.

Try uninstalling and then reinstalling:

1. Delete the "FTXAA_YBBN" folder from \FSX\Orbx\FTX_AU\ folder.
  2. Run the YBBN installer again, ensuring you "Run As Administrator"
  3. Run the YBBN v1.2 installer as Administrator
  4. Run the YBBN v1.21 installer as Administrator
  5. Open FTX Central and cycle the scenery setting from what you are using to a different one (i.e. Oceania to Default, or Global to Oceania), then back to your preferred choice (total you should have hit apply twice).

Let us know how it goes!

From the YBBN PDF

"LOW END PC's - New options in V1.21

We recommend that if you have a Low-End PC and are struggling with FPS and perhaps see black squares

appearing across the aprons and runways, that you select the

Photoreal Ground Textures + Static Airliners

option and disable your AI Traffic. This will offer the least amount of load on your CPU and graphics card."

This implies that Polys will give the best detail (at a cost of frame rate).

I note that you have all detail buttons selected in the YBBN control panel, but dont really have the processing power to cope with this level of detail. I'm just wondering if the the processor just doesnt have the time to render to the level of detail that you are asking of it.

I just reinstalled YBBN to show what it looks like on my system.

What you are seeing is the lower resolution photoreal sections of the apron and some taxiways.

The ground poly sections are extremely crisp of course, but when compared to the photoreal, the photoreal looks lacking (please remember that this airfield was released over 3 years ago, and higher resolution photoreal may not have been available at the time of creation).

Here's a shot of the ground poly and photoreal transition just ahead of GA Parking 1 (click on it for full 1920x1080 res).

post-3247-0-03966000-1381117655_thumb.pn

Archived