FTX Central error: terrain.cfg has no landlclass section

johnlattanzio

Sorry - it is in the subjec, The entire message is:

terrain.cfg has no landlclass section

When I looked, the terrain file was empty!

Now I cannot start FSX at all (!) it ays that there is no scenery.cfg file and I should uninstall and reinstal FSX....

There is in fact a scenery.cfg file

In desperation to avoid a reinstall I copied a terrain.cfg and scenery.cfg from another installation. I get the same " no scenery.cfg" message.

I am thinking I have to do a reinstall :-( But I have *hundreds* of addoins :-( :-(

JL

Hi John, not sure if the issue is the Scenery.cfg or Terrain.cfg :wacko:

The active Scenery.cfg is in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX, there should be a couple of backed-up version there you can try, otherwise you can delete it, and it will rebuild (cycle FTXcentral to re-add your Orbx products automatically)

The active Terrain.cfg is located within your main FSX folder, I attached a default copy of the Terrain.cfg below you can try... cycle FTXcentral after replacing

terrain.zip

Hi John, not sure if the issue is the Scenery.cfg or Terrain.cfg :wacko:

Hi Tim

it used to object to terrain.cfg and loading stopped at 69% with a crash.

NOw it does not even start loading and says FSX cannot run without a scenery,cfg file. But...ther eis one in the top FSX directory!

The active Scenery.cfg is in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX, there should be a couple of backed-up version there you can try, otherwise you can delete it, and it will rebuild (cycle FTXcentral to re-add your Orbx products automatically)

OK I will try that! Thanks!

The active Terrain.cfg is located within your main FSX folder, I attached a default copy of the Terrain.cfg below you can try... cycle FTXcentral after replacing

Thanks again! I will try this :-)

JL

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Ray,

the link in Tim's post above is still working but there's also a backup of the FSX original in the \ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work folder. After replacing the corrupt copy you need to cycle FTX Central at least once between regions (doesn't matter which) to re-insert the FTX custom entries. Also, if you own other add-ons that require custom entries, like Ultimate Terrain or FSAddon, you'll need to run their setup tools or repair options as well.

Cheers, Holger

Archived