Removing Quenstown

rlaycock

• 1 month later...

I don't see how this question is answered??  He asked if you can uninstall Queenstown airport..

I would like to know the same thing, as I tried it and the FPS are just rubbish - sub 10fps which obviously is unusable...and no airport config program.

First ORBX airport - and it is coming back off and am done with any other ORBX airports...strange how in 2013 a quad core 16g of ram PC with a 680GTX card can still not run this, getting steady 30's just using the SI scenery.

I de-activitaed the scenery in FS by unticking it - but now all the elevation data is stuffed for Queenstown....

I don't see how this question is answered??  He asked if you can uninstall Queenstown airport..

I would like to know the same thing, as I tried it and the FPS are just rubbish - sub 10fps which obviously is unusable...and no airport config program.

First ORBX airport - and it is coming back off and am done with any other ORBX airports...strange how in 2013 a quad core 16g of ram PC with a 680GTX card can still not run this, getting steady 30's just using the SI scenery.

I de-activitaed the scenery in FS by unticking it - but now all the elevation data is stuffed for Queenstown....

To remove

With your rig you should get very nice FPS. NZQN is by far not the worse FPS airport

I will upload a new vid today of NZQN using complex airplane addon and I'm always above 25 FPS.

3 post and your pretty rough jugging ORBX product.

Ben

To remove

With your rig you should get very nice FPS. NZQN is by far not the worse FPS airport

I will upload a new vid today of NZQN using complex airplane addon and I'm always above 25 FPS.

3 post and your pretty rough jugging ORBX product.

Ben

Yea I guess I am a bit rough - just not really impressed having to delve into the support forums withini 5 mins of installing both the ORBX products I have got so far - and to be told by the developer in my first post that I was essentially lying about the library link being down - (which it was), and having to find out by extensive googling that I needed some library files to update the NZSI secenery before I could even use it. Guess I am just used to steam where if you download a product it is at the latest state and doesn't need immediate patching to even run.

And now I find out there is no way to tinker with the density of the scenery placed by the Queenstown addon because it is "Not that bad scenery wise and if it doesn't run properly you it is your problem and tough luck buy a better computer" - maybe turning off that massive shopping center or whatever it is behind the airport could be a an option, along with reducing the buildings placed in town.

Personally to get it to run half decently I have been forced to turn autogen scenery totally 'OFF', go to 2D clouds and normal scenery settingn no AI anything...and it almost runs smoothly enough to land at NZQN in my A2A Spitfire....so now one airfield has reduced my the experience in the rest of the world.   Hmm maybe having a config utility for this one airfield wouldn't hurt?

So yea - 3 posts in and I have to say my ORBX experience is not great - is a shame as the NZSI scenery does look great and is a shame I have to turn it all down again to get one airfield to work.  Safe to say at this point I won't be getting anymore scenery until I can afford a quad-core GPU and a super computer-spec CPU ???

Yea I guess I am a bit rough - just not really impressed having to delve into the support forums withini 5 mins of installing both the ORBX products I have got so far - and to be told by the developer in my first post that I was essentially lying about the library link being down - (which it was), and having to find out by extensive googling that I needed some library files to update the NZSI secenery before I could even use it. Guess I am just used to steam where if you download a product it is at the latest state and doesn't need immediate patching to even run.

And now I find out there is no way to tinker with the density of the scenery placed by the Queenstown addon because it is "Not that bad scenery wise and if it doesn't run properly you it is your problem and tough luck buy a better computer" - maybe turning off that massive shopping center or whatever it is behind the airport could be a an option, along with reducing the buildings placed in town.

Personally to get it to run half decently I have been forced to turn autogen scenery totally 'OFF', go to 2D clouds and normal scenery settingn no AI anything...and it almost runs smoothly enough to land at NZQN in my A2A Spitfire....so now one airfield has reduced my the experience in the rest of the world.   Hmm maybe having a config utility for this one airfield wouldn't hurt?

So yea - 3 posts in and I have to say my ORBX experience is not great - is a shame as the NZSI scenery does look great and is a shame I have to turn it all down again to get one airfield to work.  Safe to say at this point I won't be getting anymore scenery until I can afford a quad-core GPU and a super computer-spec CPU ???

ORBX knows about some issue with NZQN, in my case I had blind elevation problem. Just shut down "crash function"

Scenery are not always perfect same goes for many other game, patch exist for this reason.

You have a better GPU then me so you should be fine. I just uploaded a NZQN vid this morning. With FRAP running and the Q400 I was in the 25fps.

I would highly suggest that you start over, get the patch and the latest lib and install the lib last.

In order:

-NZ south

-patch

-NZQN

-Lib

Give it a try.

Cheers, Ben

and to be told by the developer in my first post that I was essentially lying about the library link being down - (which it was),

Excuse me, but how is assisting you with an issue being construed into 'I was saying you were lying'?

and I quote myself

The link to our support website works fine, but if you are unable to access it for some reason, you can always find it via our 'Release Announcements' section of the forums here http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/77-release-announcements/

Seriously, you are really not helping yourself with your posts, a rig like yours should slice through NZQN like butter mate, try moderating your negative tone a bit and conceding it could be a poorly configured PC at your end rather than blaming Orbx for bad performance.

NZQN was thoroughly beta tested and performance was never an issue, so try working with us to diagnose your issues rather than being an obnoxious turd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Archived