FTX NA BLUE PACIFIC NORTHWEST - FIRST SHOTS!

Hi Geoffman,

we'll supply our own mesh files with FTX-PNW so that we have a standard base for correct altitude settings of airfields and water bodies. Whether it'll be part of the region itself or a separate package as with the Australia "Holgermesh" hasn't been decided yet. Having said that, any add-on mesh that is based on the current NED 10-m source data (US) and 23-m CDED1 source data (Canada), like FS Genesis and FSGlobal (not sure about the latter) should be virtually identical.

Cheers, Holger

due to sheer number of simmers in USA, it stands to reason that PNW WILL be the best seller for ORBX.

Looks great, yet another thing to look forward to.

It will no doubt be a huge hit here in the US. We all want to fly where we live...I know I do. But I never thought I would be buying scenery for Australia....but I have. I am not a hard core simmer....but do it a lot and want the best I can get for flying...thus that is why I am in FTX land. I can't fly here in the US...with any scenery....at 1000ft ASL and it look good. To me that is a great thing about bush flying....going low. I have always wondered how many people use MSFS and I also wonderd about companies like Orbx and others. I did not know about payware until around 2004. I had been out of the loop completely until 2001....as I lived in  Saudi and upon return to the states only flew a little each year...I have owned every version of this sim that has been produced.......imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon a web site that was selling add-on aircraft and scenery. I have been seeing talk of Orbx for around I guess 2 years now. When I first saw the first screen shots I was not sure that could be pulled off for this whole sim. Well I was wrong and as I have shown that with my money....very pleased with it. If I fly from an FTX airport I taxi from a ramp to the runway. It gets me involved more. Things look real....flashing caution lights....3d lighting at airports...all of it. Even flying out of a lot of the OZx airfields...I beleive that is the right name.....I get a better immersion in the sim. FTX and OZx airports blend into the scenery...they can be hard to find if you are just flying around trying to find an airfield. I have yet to use scenery in the US where they do not stick out like a sore thumb.......saying "here I am come land". Everyone was excited here about MegaScenery Earth....I spent 17 bucks that would have been better spent on a cheese burger and a beer. It is off my HDD. I have sceneries that are supposed to make FSX look better than default FSX here in the US and it does....to an extent. I will not name them as I know there is a bit of discord between some of these compnaies....as I found out from reading another post. I have only read from one other person on here from the US that will say what I say...once you use FTX you just don't want to use any other scenery that we have in the US. A lot of people believe that if they have seen FTX....but they are not going to say it....but you can believe one thing...when FTX comes out in the states it will be bought as fast as you can get it on your server....if it is the same quality as FTX for Australia...and I am sure it will be. "Build it and they will come" from a movie a few years back here...but true. So far Orbx....to my knowledge.....and imho....is the only one building anything worth coming to. Good luck with your future products.

Regards     

I LIVE HERE!!!!!!!! I live in Bellevue, WA, just outside of Seattle, WA. Redmond, WA (where Microsoft HQ is) is 10 minutes from my house! WHEEEEE!!! I'm glad someone found the "Mt Barker" slip. It is Definitely "Mt Baker". Oh gosh! I want to tell you "HURRY UP!!!" but I want it to be the best yet, so take your sweet time!

Excited guy,

Simfly! ;D:);):D:o8)

• 2 weeks later...

I LIVE HERE!!!!!!!! I live in Bellevue, WA, just outside of Seattle, WA. Redmond, WA (where Microsoft HQ is) is 10 minutes from my house! WHEEEEE!!! I'm glad someone found the "Mt Barker" slip. It is Definitely "Mt Baker". Oh gosh! I want to tell you "HURRY UP!!!" but I want it to be the best yet, so take your sweet time!

Excited guy,

Simfly! ;D:);):D:o8)

Lucky you! :)

Well, I'm hoping that when JV get's back off leave, we will get a flood of screenies of this area.  The flightsim world everywhere needs something new and awesome to talk about and I can't think of anything better than this new product.  It will set another benchmark.

Cheers,

Already checking www.simroutes.com regularly for Orlando, Seattle, Vancouver routes... Also, finally going to be able to use www.flightaware.com to really fly in sync with RL :). So, updates please... Gimme gimme gimme... ;D ;D ;D

We all want to fly where we live...I know I do.

Strange. I wanna fly everywhere BUT where I live. That's one of the biggest appeals of the Flight Simulator: being able to explore areas that I couldn't easily visit otherwise. It's like going on virtual vacation, and I wouldn't wanna spent my holiday on my doormat. ;)

And to be On Topic: that area is a natural choice for another FTX package. It looks like it's gonna be awesome!

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a basic timeline for release yet?  I understand that's hard to project, but was looking more for a general timeframe (e.g., 3d quarter 09).  Also, what would I need to do to become a beta tester on this project?  I grew up in Vancouver, WA so this scenery area's essentially my backyard.

The flightsim world everywhere needs something new and awesome to talk about and I can't think of anything better than this new product.  It will set another benchmark.

Cheers,

For sure.  Should be fun once the screens start rolling out.  Pretty much everybody likes product hype, as it gives them an excuse to get excited.  :D

Archived