FTXG hybrid with FTX NA

Mikelab6

Hi all,

I already know the hybrid mode is used to fly between FTX regions and have Global textures to fly in between regions and light activated.  I am wondering if I need to select Hybrid mode if I only have one region, FTX North America (PNW, CRM and NRM) with FTXG. If I am flying into NA region with NA activated in FTX Central, when flying outside that region, I will fly into FTXG textures as well, because they are now my default textures, so is there a benefit to use Hybrid mode (day flight) with only one FTX region  ?

Thanks !

Best way to think about this is to ask the question... :Am I going to cross the boundary of a full region? (either going into, out of, or between regions).

If the answer is yes, the use Hybrid mode.

If not, then use Global if you're staying outside, and the region in question if you're staying inside.

To be honest, I leave mine set to Hybrid 99% of the time... Even if I'm staying inside a full FTX region, but I'm just lazy ;)

Hi,

Thanks for your answer, I already understand that, but what I am missing if I tick the hybrid mode and flying into a region ? Is some details missing or what else ?

I thought hybrid mode was for flying between regions not flying between only one region and Global textures. Is my thinking right ?

thanks !

Archived