FTX ENG: Bought yesterday, over 1GB worth of patching today?

theFiddler

Hello All,

two days ago (25 Sep) I bought Orbx FTX England (download version) from the FlightSim Store.

Purchase, download and installation all went perfectly smooth, and I'm so far happy with the product.

FTX Central reports that I have "FTX EU ENG England v1.00 - 14 Nov 2012"

But today I discover by chance, that since then no less than three patches for ENG have been released, the first in January 2013, the latest in June 2013. Not to mention the Orbx Libraries released 9 Sep 2013.

So I am now apparently facing another 1 GB worth of downloads (ENG.001+002, Libraries) plus the size of ENG.003 which the website does not give.

And of course the additional hassle and risk (there's always one...)  of no less than four incremental installations.

All this immediately after purchase... :wacko:

• Why on Earth (or at least in England ;D) have these patches, released between eight and three months ago (except for the libraries) not been included in the commercial release/installer?

Or am I missing something here?

Is the FTX Central version report perhaps not correct?

Are the patches perhaps optional?

Or not recommended for every user, for some reason?

Bonus Question:

I also have the AU and PNW demos (and FTX Global) installed. I notice that the Orbx Libraries
(currently "FTX AA ORBX LIBRARIES VER 121010 10th October 2012") are placed in the folder

...\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS

even though they are used by all FTX sceneries (I think).

Is that their normal location, or can I expect trouble at the latest when I try to apply the library patch?

Thanks for all comments and tips!

Cheers,

Martin

Hi Martin,

There are indeed three patches released for England since it came out last November. They are recommended for all users as each contains bug fixes and improvements in addition to compatibility fixes with other products. I can't speak for their status on being rolled in together but I imagine that will be handled at some point in the future.

As for the libraries location, that is normal. It is a holdover from the very earliest regions and airports which were all in Australia and used the same folder. All products will still be able to locate it there.

Regards,

Alex

Hello Alex,

that was fast, thank you!

I can't speak for their status on being rolled in together but I imagine that will be handled at some point in the future.

I realize it's not a direct Orbx issue, but may I suggest to perhaps slightly increase the RPM and/or EGT on the distributor? 8)

They had a quarter of a year to integrate even the newest patch... (again, not counting the libraries patch, which came only two and a half weeks ago).

As things are now, it's not very customer/user-friendly.

Cheers,

Martin

PS.

to ADMIN: I am still getting that server error reported earlier, also when I Edit a message after posting, and then Save the edit. It works, but the only feedback is that error info.

(I wonder if perhaps in "HTML_PURIFIER_PATHcache/tmp" a slash is missing between "PATH" and "cache"; unless of course that's a typo in the error message... >:D )

"

Hi.  Sorry to bump.  I bought FTX England a while back and I'm still on 1.0.

Is there somewhere that I can download the patches from?  I've tried them from the OrbX network server and the OrbX cloud, as well as the Google Drive.  I get download times of several hours and then a "Network error" in Chrome.  Is there an issue with the servers?  I can download other files successfully and I have a fibre connection.

Thanks.

to ADMIN: I am still getting that server error reported earlier, also when I Edit a message after posting, and then Save the edit. It works, but the only feedback is that error info.

(I wonder if perhaps in "HTML_PURIFIER_PATHcache/tmp" a slash is missing between "PATH" and "cache"; unless of course that's a typo in the error message... >:D )

try deleting the saved link to the forums and your cookies as those keep data stored that may cause the issue, log out from the forums first and then after the clean out try and log in again

Hi.  Sorry to bump.  I bought FTX England a while back and I'm still on 1.0.

Is there somewhere that I can download the patches from?  I've tried them from the OrbX network server and the OrbX cloud, as well as the Google Drive.  I get download times of several hours and then a "Network error" in Chrome.  Is there an issue with the servers?  I can download other files successfully and I have a fibre connection.

Thanks.

For support queries please be so kind and add your ordernumber(s) to your Sig as per forum rules.

Info on how to do that you can find here => http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/1157-important-notice-please-add-your-order-to-your-sig-for-support

Okay, I've confirmed that I own the product now.

Are you aware of any problems with the links?  I've had all 3 patches fail to download several times.

Thanks again.

Thank you for adding your order numbers as requested :)

as for the download links on the support page, I could not detect any issue  ???

Okay, I've confirmed that I own the product now.

Are you aware of any problems with the links?  I've had all 3 patches fail to download several times.

Thanks again.

Hi

When downloading large files it is always best to use a download manager that can resume the download if the connection is broken.  I use Free Download Manager, as it says, it's free.

Hi.

I uses Getright, a download manager, after 30+ download, it prompt me to buy a licence, I paid for it as I deen

it is only fair to pay the developer for their work and utility.

so far I had install on my 2 computer, it allowed me to do that. After I got the licence key, download speed has also

increase substantially if not maintained.

my recent purchase of PNW by dowload+CD, using the free version,at 1 point, the speed drop to 10+g/sec and fluctuate

greatly. A surprising 15 hrs wait for the download to complete. people at the other  end must have thaught, This is crazy.

again, It is a nornal wait for about 8 hrs or so for scenery having big files without using download manager to finish download

hope this help..        PS:always a good idea to use download manager, connection break, can still resume

ricky1088

Thanks Ricky.

What I think you're saying is that your experience is similar to mine:  at busy times of the day, downloads from the server can take many times their duration at quieter times (5 minutes vs 9 hours and then falling over).

I was a bit disappointed in this thread because I was asked to prove that I owned the product for support, and on doing so didn't actually receive any.  All I got told is that there was no problem.

It looks like its related to server load.  Fine, just admit it  ::)

(Sorry Wolter)

Archived