Cardiff DX10 patch?

Mallard

Hi Team,

any news on the DX10 patch for Cardiff that John mentioned back in March? (http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/56959-wales-and-patch/?hl=%2Bcardiff+%2Bdx10#entry511443)

The airport and the environs look absolutely amazing in DX10, but the blocky grass is a bit of a show-stopper...

Cheers

Mallard

FSS0232891

From John ..... 'Bill Womack spent quite some time on his grass models but did not find an answer for why they don't work with DX10. The only solution is to control the grass using ObjectFlow but that incurs a 50% frame rate hit with the sheer volume of grass we used at EGFF. I am not going to release a 'fix' that cripples airport performance. So sorry to say the solution for DX10 users is to disable the grass in the airport CP.'

Bill is also no longer working for Orbx so a fix is even less likely. Have to say however that when running DX10 I disabled the grass and didnt really miss it. Also did a re-install a few weeks ago and have been running DX9 with the grass. Have to say I've not missed DX10......

M

Thanks a lot for that, Nick! I missed that message... Will turn the grass off as well.

I guess one of the moderators can set this to "Resolved" :)

Cheers

Mallard

Mallard,

did you see the grass blocks also with Steve´s ne DX10 fix? I did not try, e. g. Riverside would be my laboratory.

Archived