Bozeman issues/request

KLVN

First of all, I love the new Bozeman scenery. However, I am seeing a couple of things that don't seem quite right...

1) at the hold short line for runway 30, the taxiway sign says A 21-3 (haven't checked any others)

2) the grass obstructs the VASI when landing on runway 30

3) when looking at an airplane from near ground level, the grass apears behind the airplane instead of in front of it

I like the GA and corporate static airplanes but would rather not have the airliners. Could you make this like Jackson where the different types of static airplanes are separately selectable?

Thanks again for a great scenery.

Ken Hurley. FSS0236567

Hi Ken,

I think the Runway Identification sign at the approach end of RWY30 is the only one that is wrong.  You are correct, is should be 12-30.

Grass obstructs my VASI a bit too.  I'm set to fall and haven't checked the other months.

I'm not an expert, but I'm guessing that the VASI shining through grass is a FSX limitation.  It looks like there is already a mowed spot in front of the lights.  Maybe a larger mowed spot would help?

Jarrad is a great developer and I'm sure he'll get the runway sign fixed.

He'll probably reply about what can and can't be done about your other comments too.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

G'day Ken,

My apologies for the delayed reply - I've been in Cuba for the past couple of weeks and haven't had much luck with internet access. Thanks very much for the feedback, and I'm very glad to hear you are enjoying the scenery. I'll address your points in order:

1. Indeed you are correct - this sign slipped through my checking. I've added this to my SP to-do list. 

2. We spent quite a bit of time playing around with the PAPI placement to avoid this issue as best as possible - again will be more than happy to look into it further. 

3. The grass viewpoint issue is a known one and is present at other ORBX airports too as this is a set of objects from our ORBX libraries. If the grass is controlled by objectflow (ie to change seasons automatically etc), the issue isn't apparent, but if the grass is placed "natively" it is - one of the many quirks of scenery design! I'll have a look into this, however as this is a component I didn't design personally I can't give a timeline on this. 

4. No problems regarding the control panel options for the static flow - can add this to the SP to-do list. 

Many thanks,
Jarrad

Archived