Fraser river stops just past Hope, BC

olderndirt

In FTXPNW, following the Fraser River upstream from the mouth.  Not far east of Chilliwack, BC the river ends (see screenshot) and is no longer depicted in PNW.  I followed where it should be to a point about 20 north of Hope (see screenshot and map).  Seems like it ought to be there.

pnwmap_edited-1.pngftxpnw1.pngmostlymomftxpnw2.pngftxpnw2.png

Ok, here's the deal (same thing happened with Global and SAK).  When I have Global and hybrid selected with APPLY in FTXCentral, I lose an area (not all) of water in whichever NA area I'm flying.  When I switch and APPLY North America, the water is back and yes Holger, I have the adjacent NA scenery installed.  In the pic, the restored Fraser River.  P.S. I have none of the Global boxes (hybrid etc) with North America selected.pnw2.png

Since I can't seem to edit after I post, let me add this.  With North America selected in FTXCentral, all's well within those sceneries but what about FTXGlobal?  Since it's not 'APPLIED' nor is there a 'hybrid' check, is it actually doing anything after you fly out of an FTX premium scenery?

Hi there,

if you select Global and Hybrid Mode and then press Apply all the regions should remain active and thus nothing should change within PNW, NRM, or elsewhere. You can cross-check in your scenery library menu: with Hybrid Mode selected the FTX_NA_PNW, FTX_NA_NRM, etc. entries -- four each --  should be listed within the FTX block. Do you see those?

Cheers, Holger

Hi there,

if you select Global and Hybrid Mode and then press Apply all the regions should remain active and thus nothing should change within PNW, NRM, or elsewhere. You can cross-check in your scenery library menu: with Hybrid Mode selected the FTX_NA_PNW, FTX_NA_NRM, etc. entries -- four each --  should be listed within the FTX block. Do you see those?

Cheers, Holger

Yes, they're all there.  Check my latest.  Ran out of river at the NRM border - Global and North America, both the same.

Hi there,

in that case I'd suspect a third-party add-on at higher display priority that excludes water polygons. I just double-checked that area and all waterbodies and roads display correctly for me with both FTXG and NA. Do you have any entries above the FTX block that may contain landscape components, particularly waterbodies and roads?

Cheers, Holger

Well, am I embarrassed.  Your eyes aren't lying.  My signature says I bought it back in 2010 and I usually get a backup CD but I've done a couple of rebuilds since then and it apparently got mislaid.  Checked my account and sure enough so downloading and should have a river tomorrow.

Archived