Dx10 Eye Candy

Adam Banks

If there was a realistically handling FSX taildragger out there, that'd be something. But even the A2A Cub doesn't even begin to try to get close, and if A2A can't do it then who would...

The other one is that excellent freeware Tiger Moth, am I right?

Somebody did some mods for the Carenado C185 (Bush) that made it flop around like mad. Written by an actual Bush pilot, but I found that on my system (twitchy rudder pedals) that it was uncontrollable.

Yes - Ant's incredible freeware Moth.

Adam.

Disgusting weather in Auckland all day today, so I thought I'd see what the DX10Fixer rain effects are like. To be honest, I've always hated both the cheesy way FSX does rain and the amount of surface water (plus reflection) it shows on concrete or tarmac. Though you get to tweak things a bit in DX10 with the fixer, I think I'll stay VFR :lol:

Anyway - a good excuse to run through some of my favourite aircraft, so here's the next stage of the [long] "roll call".

I'm not sure how much of this is "placebo" or simply "wishful thinking", but the lighting appears to be better. In all cases, aircraft seem incredibly crisp.

dx10_12_747_1280.jpg

We have a Trojan here at Ardmore, so if it ventured out today, this is what it'd look like:
dx10_13_414_1280.jpg

A better view - showing the new-found detail (and Ant's superb modelling).
dx10_14_292_1280.jpg

Just a quick 'n' dirty reference shot showing DX10 Fixer coping with3 object types:

1) AI aircraft : Rick Piper's Chipmunk (previously white in DX10), set as AI by UT2 - trundling between NZAR and NZWP happily, landing lights fully operative.

2) Static model : by ORBX NZNI (at NZAR).

3) Flying aircraft : Ant's Trojan.
dx10_15_144_1280.jpg

Back to business!
dx10_16_460_1280.jpg

dx10_17_415_1280.jpg

dx10_18_707_1280.jpg

Had enough yet? I have at least 475 more aircraft to go through :lol:.

I may be in danger of losing the plot. Every time I load up an old aircraft, it's like seeing it for the first time. Can it really have been *that* bad in DX9? I don't think so ... but there's no doubt that I'm really enjoying what I'm seeing (plus the performance enhancements).

Adam.

Neptune, what water shaders (default, dx10 fixer, or fswc+) are you using and is that a rex water animation, or another add on?

Sent from my 2013 Nexus 7 FHD using Tapatalk 4

hi only DX10 S.Fixer and REX--Ess + OD  my graphics option are shared in REX to NEPTUNE1  / ADDON ORBX NA  and no more

Patrick

hi only DX10 S.Fixer and REX--Ess + OD  my graphics option are shared in REX to NEPTUNE1  / ADDON ORBX NA  and no more

Patrick

Hmm, I don't see anything when I type NEPTUNE or NEPTUNE1 into the search box in REX (never seem to be able to find the person when someone tells me they shared something in it).  I'd really love to know how you guys are getting water like this.  Mine looks like total garbage since my reinstall.  It looked bad before on the avsim DX10 files but also under DX9 something was off too, so I reinstalled FSX from scratch since something was corrupted.  I actually uninstalled everything then reinstalled including to a totally new folder over about 4 days to finish all the addons.  Since then I've tried default water textures, REX water textures, default animations, REX animations, default water shader, DX Fixer water shader on default settings, and FSWC Lite's DX10 sample shader.  Cleared shader cache in between all, I'm running 2.x Low water.  

This is what I end up with over the middle of the Pacific due east of San Francisco or pretty much anywhere else............... (this is REX default water textures, "use this" animation, and the Fixer tool's default water settings)

uRzvd.jpg

FLYINION

i do do this in beta test  but isn't not good qualité for best rendering  i miss something when i encoding

but  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcSNc6KncL0

Neptune

Looks good, but I'm wondering now what water textures (default, REX default, custom REX), what wave animation (default, something from REX), and which shader (DX10 Fixer, FSWC Lite, etc.) you are using in those water shots?  I've never gotten anything like that first spot in the video around 2 minutes in of San Fancisco bay.  

Yep,

it's very simply  my water slider FSX is on HIGH 2x  and normal texture in REX ESS+OD  no more

i have MSI CG 560 Gtx  2 giga with 314.22 driver because all above crash my computer after 32 h  using

Neptune

Yep,

it's very simply  my water slider FSX is on HIGH 2x  and normal texture in REX ESS+OD  no more

i have MSI CG 560 Gtx  2 giga with 314.22 driver because all above crash my computer after 32 h  using

Neptune

Ok thanks, and you're just using the basic water shader from DX Fixer yes?  Are you using the default wave animation from FSX or one from REX (if a REX one, which wave animation)?  Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure I have all the settings before I go try them out :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok thanks, and you're just using the basic water shader from DX Fixer yes?  Are you using the default wave animation from FSX or one from REX (if a REX one, which wave animation)?  Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure I have all the settings before I go try them out :)

LOL i don't remember the setting watter wave animation in REX i was intalled since last version REXESS+OD  and i can't connect with my pseudo and pass on share 

and never ever touching setting..

Neputne

I just realized something.  I think all your water in the video is from OrbX regions right?  That would explain the coloring, I know the regions have their own custom water textures.  I've since moved to REX default water + FSWC Lite's DX10 shader (much darker ocean, more realistic San Francisco bay color, etc. than default or the Fixer's water shader changes) + default FSX wave animation.  This makes the non-Orbx regions look pretty good.  I still need to go back and see FSWC Lite shader with the OrbX regions but it should look really good.  the clouds do not reflect as mirror like in the water but I don't think that was very realistic anyway unless the wave animation is glass smooth.

LOL i don't remember the setting watter wave animation in REX i was intalled since last version REXESS+OD  and i can't connect with my pseudo and pass on share 

and never ever touching setting..

Neputne

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:59 PM

I just realized something.  I think all your water in the video is from OrbX regions right?  no..! false

there is REX Essentiel +OD,  Only

That would explain the coloring, I know the regions have their own custom water textures.  I've since moved to REX default water + FSWC Lite's DX10 shader (much darker ocean, more realistic San Francisco bay color, etc.

Only Steve J. Parson DX10 Scenery Fixer

i have the BKG.BMP black color , in the root folder FSX

than default or the Fixer's water shader changes) + default FSX wave animation.  This makes the non-Orbx regions look pretty good.  I still need to go back and see FSWC Lite shader with the OrbX regions but it should look really good.  the clouds do not reflect as mirror like in the water but I don't think that was very realistic anyway unless the wave animation is glass smooth.

Yep when you push the slider on the right side , you have the same as i had

what's FSWC ? FSWaterConfigurator ??

Neptune

I just realized something.  I think all your water in the video is from OrbX regions right?  no..! false

there is REX Essentiel +OD,  Only

That would explain the coloring, I know the regions have their own custom water textures.  I've since moved to REX default water + FSWC Lite's DX10 shader (much darker ocean, more realistic San Francisco bay color, etc.

Only Steve J. Parson DX10 Scenery Fixer

i have the BKG.BMP black color , in the root folder FSX

than default or the Fixer's water shader changes) + default FSX wave animation.  This makes the non-Orbx regions look pretty good.  I still need to go back and see FSWC Lite shader with the OrbX regions but it should look really good.  the clouds do not reflect as mirror like in the water but I don't think that was very realistic anyway unless the wave animation is glass smooth.

Yep when you push the slider on the right side , you have the same as i had

what's FSWC ? FSWaterConfigurator ??

I use FEX for my water animation/colouring etc. But you're right - all the pics/videos were over ORBX/FTX regions, and many will have their own textures in some places.

I don't use any other water utils - FSWC or whatever, but I have tweaked the fresnel angles a bit in DX10 fixer.

I agree about cloud reflections - they look pretty daft to me.

I've no idea what the "BKG.BMP black colour" is all about <??>.

Adam.

good day Adam

is the steve Parson made and change colorimetric FSX contrast and increase on color water FSX

before DX10 tweak and release S J Parson , this bkg was  blue

also

go to Panel Config > COLOR Gestion>  Advanced .. and  the last 3 définitions change to Photographic and enjoyed

also ADAM did you post the values fresnel you change in shader water  ? thank's

Patrick

is the steve Parson made and change colorimetric FSX contrast and increase on color water FSX

before DX10 tweak and release S J Parson , this bkg was  blue

also

go to Panel Config > COLOR Gestion>  Advanced .. and  the last 3 définitions change to Photographic and enjoyed

I'm running the full release of the Fixer. I don't see the Panel/config option you mention <?>.

also ADAM did you post the values fresnel you change in shader water?

Specular Factor: 01

Fresnel Min:     0.80

Fresnel Max:     0.85

I played around with the fresnel values a fair bit to reduce overall reflectivity of terrain and clouds (which I found a bit unrealistic by default in FSX).

Adam.

I'm running the full release of the Fixer. I don't see the Panel/config option you mention <?>.

That is in windows OS  not in DX10 Fixer 

Specular Factor: 01

Fresnel Min:     0.80

Fresnel Max:     0.85

I played around with the fresnel values a fair bit to reduce overall reflectivity of terrain and clouds (which I found a bit unrealistic by default in FSX).

Adam.

thank's for your value i will try

Patrick

Thanks, I'll give those values a try.  It can't hurt.  I wasn't all that happy still with the figures that came with the fixer for those settings, but I'm not totally sure about the DX10 "preview" from FSWC Lite (yes that's FS Water Configurator, a "special" non-installed version that came with a DX10 specific water shader)

Adam.

The bkg.bmp is found in the root of FSX, Adam, and is used to fill in scenery spots which have no texture, or where there's insufficient time to load a texture. Originally this was a blue bmp with "FSX" written across it in black letters, and was used as a test by ACES for the above reason - it stands out. When the team was disbanded this was left in as blue. Steve's Fixer replaces it with a black (ish) bmp, and so one occasionally sees a black square pop up, just as when using DX9. Steve says it does a little more than what I've described here, but I couldn't tell you what. 

pj

Archived