FTX Central - 2 Globals?

Bailout7734

(FSX) I have installed FTX Global, FTX CRM & Patch and FTX PNW and all seemed fine.  FTX Central showed "FTX GLOBAL" and "North America".  After applying the FSX PNWPatch005 Central now has "Default FSX" + "FTX Global" + "FTX Global" + "North America".  Should there be 2 Globals, and if so which would I select to apply?  By the way  the Hybrid Mode and Vector Road Lights selections have also disappeared.  Hey, this is my first ever forum post and I'm almost 70, so if I'm in the wrong place I apologize.  My P3D installation is what I was basing my presentations on.

Signature done, thanks.  New question same subject.  I have noticed that every time I add a new airport that I end up with the same double Global icons I mentioned above.  If I run the new library (FTXORBXLIBS_130909) again it goes back to the Global and North America icons by themselves.  Is this normal?

Signature done, thanks.  New question same subject.  I have noticed that every time I add a new airport that I end up with the same double Global icons I mentioned above.  If I run the new library (FTXORBXLIBS_130909) again it goes back to the Global and North America icons by themselves.  Is this normal?

Yes.

Make sure that if you install any Orbx products older than Global, that you always install the Orbxlibs installer again.

This is common practice to make sure that old installers don't replace newer assets (like you've seen in FTX Central).

No problem Bailout.

It's just a matter of old FTX Central files being installed over the newer files that causes the need for the Orbxlibs to be reinstalled.

Even before Global, it's been standard practice to install the libs last after everything. (I keep a copy on the desktop for a quick reinstall ;) )

Archived