New install question

sleightflight

Hi all, I am doing a complete brand new install, I have nearly all the orbx scenery areas available to buy & also the free ones. Some of my installers like pnw, crm, nrm, pacific fjords I downloaded a long time ago, like 2 to 3 years ago. My question is, am I best downloading the installers again cos maybe they contain some of the patches or are they still the same installers & such still require all the patches to be installed separately. Thanks.

Hi :)

you can use your downloads, what's been adapted with the installers over time is that they all are converted to work for fsX and P3D now as well.

all relevant patches and updates are available on the support page => http://fullterrain.com/support.html

as for installing,

clean install :

fsX

SP1 + SP2 or Acceleration, make you settings for Controllers, Graphics, etc., etc.

test if all works OK

REX, UTX, FS Genesis, FS Global etc etc + their recommended patches and or updates

test if all works OK

AU regions + all updates and patches

test if all works OK

AU airports + all updates and patches

test if all works OK, possible need for installing latest library files

NA regions + all updates and patches

test if all works OK

NA airports + all updates and patches

NZ regions + all updates and patches

test if all works OK

NZ airports + all updates and patches

EU regions + all updates and patches

test if all works OK

EU airports + all updates and patches

set FTX Central to default

FTX Global, make sure to make a backup copy when prompted by the installer

test if all works OK,

all updates and patches and run the latest library files last

that should about cover it imho

good luck with the re-install

Hi Sleightflight

I am in the middle of a reinstall at the moment..so far I've reinstalld Rex,Opus,Shader,Accu feel V1,V2 and a couple of addon aircraft

All ok so far,mind you reinstalling Opus just about gave me a stroke..that is until I read the instructions..and then all good.

I have got most FTX regions,airports and global...so it's going to be a big scenery reinstall.

I have a copy of Wolters reinstall list and am following it

Today I started and reinstalled Aussie Sp4 and all the aussie airports and patches..I had them all on an external hard drive.

They all installed no problems at all..i installed 2 airports and then ran the latest libs and the started fsx and checked each airport,then repeated the process over and over and over !!!

Will start on NA tomorow

So..it doesn't matter how old your installers are..make sure you run the latest libs frequently during your reinstall

Hope this helps

Stu

Thanks for the really fast reply . My progress to date is all windows 7 & windows programmes & updates in, fsx & acceleration in & tested at each install point all add on aircraft & liveries in & tested after each individual install , rex essentials + overdrive in & tested + vfr sim canaries photo scenery in & tested. Now have all orbx products to install & all uk photo sceneries to install which I am going to get a separate 250 gig ssd drive for to help with loading times for the photo scenery.

Hi Fella's,

first of all I do not envy you at all in this point in time as it is a huge undertaking to get everything sorted and I can only recommend to before you get anywhere to make a tick-list for yourself so you can be convinced that you didn't forget anything, also, bit of food for thought. I can recommend, when all is finished up to date and running to make a clone or a copy of your complete main fsX folder and safe that on a external drive, in case of a big boo boo, you delete your main fsX folder copy the saved copy back in and your up and running within 30 minutes ;)

I do this almost religiously as with all the testing we do somewhere something could go wrong and it saved my bacon a few times, you only have to invest a bit of time that's it ;)

Thanks for the heads up Wolter...and I will do as you suggest.

After not doing a reinstall for over 2 years it is certainly a Massive amount of work to get through..and everything seems to have a problem !!

It's character building if anything...hee hee

Stu

thanks for the advice, I will definately do that. this is my third re install in the last 12 months, first one was due to buying a new ssd which after getting everything running really well the ssd failed after 8 months use , so got cash back from the supplier ( full refund) then  after getting to a near full re install a windows update gave me a bsod which seemed to destroy the performance of fsx, tried going to a backup folder from an earlier point, but that didn't  help, so install three , 3 rd time lucky eh.

Hi Sleightflight

I am in the middle of a reinstall at the moment..so far I've reinstalld Rex,Opus,Shader,Accu feel V1,V2 and a couple of addon aircraft

All ok so far,mind you reinstalling Opus just about gave me a stroke..that is until I read the instructions..and then all good.

Hope this helps

Stu

Hi Guys, I expect to be going through this long and daunting process in a few days when my new PC is ready. I checked and see it was Jan 2009 when I last did a FSX build and now I have around 165Gb in my old FSX install folder.

Kiwi Stu, I also have Opus and wonder what the issue was that you had and what was it in the instructions that you discovered.

Smile, and the World smiles with you - (using Tapatalk)

Yep , I've got accu feel v1 & 2 installed, fsuipc full version & the latest version which went in fine although I did hear some users have had issues with it. 21 add on aircraft, quite a few really complex ones like acu sim spitfire , pmdg md11, vrs superbug, concorde x, aerosoft f16 & DA20 katana, flight1 mustang, flight 1 beech duke & turbine version to name a few, I love this programme & am so grateful to all the developers who have made products for this franchise to enable it to become what it is today & all the forums full of helpful people offering advice.

OK..My reinstall is finished and a bit of info for everyone about the order i used
I followed Wolters Instructions,other than loading Queenstown.
Even though i bought Queenstown after FTXG was released i decided to take a punt and i loaded it straight after I loaded NZSI and before I loaded FTXG.
I also loaded all my third party airports after i had loaded all my FTX Regions and airports,but before I loaded FTXG.
I loaded FTXG dead last,then ran the latest Libs.

All good,no corruptions anywhere.I Selected Global Hybrid mode and flew in fat areas,plain FTXG areas and with an assortment of FTX Airports and 3rd party airports and no corruption at all.
couple of screenies here from ZQN in Hybrid mode
I am one happy camper !!
my5ar.jpg

ZvTVI.jpg
Cheers Stu

OK..My reinstall is finished....

I am one happy camper !!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers Stu

Good news Stu. I'm hoping for a similar outcome. Like you screenies of Queenstown. Haven't bought it yet but after my first trip there for real last Feb, I'm looking forward to getting it and the new Canberra CityScape. Cheers.

Hi Anton,sorry I never answered your question about reloading opus.i just tried to wing it..silly me.Just have a read in their PDF manual about reinstalling and it's all quite straight forward.you will need your orig serial number or in my case it was a flight 1 password to access the opus server for your free reinstall.

Make sure you have a read before uninstalling it,as you need to leave the opus folder in your c drive with all the opus files in it..don't delete it..in my case I dragged my opus folder from my c drive onto an external drive as I got windows 7 reinstalled..when I got new os 7 installed I just dragged the folder back into my new c drive,

Hope this makes some sort of sense

Cheers stu

Hi Anton,sorry I never answered your question about reloading opus. .....

Hope this makes some sort of sense

Cheers stu

Thanks, I can see the problem and most likely done the same thing.

Ciao Rosario,

to avoid bloopers or misunderstandings, it's safest to keep the order as I posted, if you want to work the other way around, that's fine, but you have to take into account that after every install you will need to install the latest libs again and again and again .......... ::)

and DON'T forget all updates and patches from the support page for your FTX Titles => http://fullterrain.com/support.html

• 1 month later...

Wolter,

I am waiting to get my computer back from repair after a BSOD put me out of business.  So I will be reloading everything once I get the computer returned.  I will follow your install priority list exactly up to the point of having all the currently owned regions and global completely installed and tested. 

My question is later on when I buy my next ORBX region (such as Australia which I don't have right now) can I just install it then (which would be out of order per your list) or do I have to take out all ORBX regions and global and put them back in per your priority listed?

Thanks

Jerry

Archived