NZQN Elevation Problem

androlic

looks like its sunken into the groud!!!

also my FTX-Central looks suddenly strange:  i have the default-icon now as well as 2x global-icon but without the hybrid option!

what i did:

purchased + installed nzsi + nzqn today.  after that i installed the nzsi patch.002   - after that my FTX-Central changed

what did just happen?   thank you

Order Number: FSS0233716

after reinstalling the latest library, the FTX-Central window looks normal again

but the elevation issue is not resolved!

the default nzqn that comes with nzsi looks ok, but when i activate the addon-airport the issue is there. also moving nzqn up in the fsx-library did not help..

I can fly, main runway (05) elevation is wrong big time? ????

yes its off by a few meters.  the runway is partially flowing in the air and the apron is surrounded by a green wall

yes its off by a few meters.  the runway is partially flowing in the air and the apron is surrounded by a green wall

Me it feel higher by 100 feet or more??? Look at my crash picture.

Men I messed up my post, sorry, here is the crash picture again at about 100feet more above runway. Can't cross runway anywhere.

crash1.jpg

Same goes for me, just a reboot fixed the elevation problem??? But a few building on the right side coming on 05 remain black at all time. Not  a big thing but just saying. I have plenty of vid and image if you need them.

Thanks, other then the real elevation problem I'm spending the next week on this airport. Did I say it was  superb!!!! And what about that crazy surrounding..

Thanks, Ben

Oupsss, that elevation problem just came back, at about 150-200 feet. It's like the runway was a bigg wall. I started back FSX a few time but it didn't work. Reboot same problem.

May I ask where is that crash detection feature?

Also, when the runway is ok this is where the program load, on 05 but if the altitude problem is there I start on the small runway.

Maybe I should re-install, if so, I have never un installed your product, should I un install first?

Thanks, Ben

make sure you got no Antartica scenery installed or at least active as that also seems to influence the NZ install, as for the elevation issue make sure that you have only one ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZQN_elevation_adjustment

file with a .bgl extension when switched to Oceania in your Scenery/World/Scenery folder, if there's one with a .off extension rename it to .bgl, if there are 2 one with .bgl and one with .off then delete the ones with the .off extension

No Wolter and THANKS for your help! Here is what I did, deleted the ORBX Scenery folder and the BGL file in the world folder, installed everything back by the book... Same stuff. Change from Oceania to FSX a few time. By magic I ended up on 05 without crashing.  SAVE THE FLIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! I can load that flight and it will not crash the plane (elevation ok) BUT, if I change time, let say daylight to night, when FSX as loaded it crash (elevation change). I don't have Antarctica (????). I spend much of the night flying around but I had to load that perticular saved flight. No way I can just load a new flight in NZQN. Elevation problem.

Note form you guys: Black building everywhere, house in the air near the river, duplicate plane on tarmac (one over the other), my elevation problem.

I thank you sir for being what you are. A patient men.  It's the first time ever I'm having issue with an ORBX product.

Get a good night of sleep an MANY THANKS for trying to help... I guess that next I should be a beta tester.... ha ha ha.

Ha  ha ha, I kind of like you, all you post make me feel good. Thanks again.

Sure it was set to Oceania  but no I don't have the latest lib, I'll get it today.

I didn't know that lib would have such an effect, interesting.

Sure I'm mad, I can land on one of the most beautiful ORBX scenery, ha ha ha. The funny thing Is I don't even care so much.

How was your night, did you sleep well? ha ha ha.

Best regards.

"""disable your Addon Scenery""""

Ok, I'm a noob now, ouff, I 'm not sure what you mean OR/AND I had to many beers yesterday :banghead:

I'll go on the sim after  my coffe.... it's morning here... oupsss, it's not, it's noon

OK, let me rephrase the remark, when you got to your scenery CP within fsX scroll down and you should find Addon Scenery,

please un-tick the checkbox and hit OK, you'll see that the scenery Dbase will rebuild,

then select NZQN for next trail run to see if the issue has gone or is still there ............

sorry for sometimes confusing you as HM English in not my native language  :ph34r:

OK, let me rephrase the remark, when you got to your scenery CP within fsX scroll down and you should find Addon Scenery,

please un-tick the checkbox and hot OK, you'll see that the scenery Dbase will rebuild,

then select NZQN for next trail run to see if the issue has gone or is still there ............

sorry for sometimes confusing you as HM English in not my native language  :ph34r:

Ok, I got it now, same thing, it try to load on 05 and plane crash immediately.... I can load on other spot like the small runway or parking space and it work.

Thanks for trying to help.

Got it, it work!!!!! MANY THANKS!!!!

Since your here.... ha ha ha again may I just ask if it's normal to have no light on runway?

Ben

As far as I know there are no night operations at NZQN, hence no need for lights on the RWY, that's what they told me, but I could be misinformed............ :ph34r:

Runway lights are on until 10pm and turn on again when the airport opens at 0500. it's not recommended to fly in Queenstown at night The airport shuts at 10 and flights can't depart after 30 min before sunset. The user manual refers to the Aeronautical charts which provide the restrictions of flying in Queesntown.

Regarding the crashes at 200 ft, I am still not sure why your experiencing a crash as all the scenery has their crash detection turned off.

Did you make sure to have set FTX Central to Oceania before the re-install ?

I hate to be an old woman (LOL) ... but ... nowhere in the readme or the manual does it tell you to do that. It may be shown in one of the install screen instructions, but it's easy to skip those without reading too closely.

Also - the readme refers to a PAJN file!!!!

Adam.

Thanks to all, I truly appreciate the support of ORBX product. Thanks Martin for making that GEM.

It may not be open at night but men it look beautiful , seeing the house lighting  all over the place is simply stunning.

Same goes for airport light. I'm sorry to be in love with your art work :ph34r:

To Martin: I have a few constructive remark:

The black building daytime are ok at night compare to the other one. They show more light and detail then the normal house?

On the far river some house where in the air but not at all time. Strangely, when I hit the V key and look after they where ok ???

When ready to take off, the runway (main) look fuzzy at a far distance, let say after half of this one.

Cheers, Ben

• 6 months later...

hi 

many thanks for your helps about this issue.

i,ve that problem too. also whith fs passenger !

they don`t permit us to deactive the crash detection in fsx !

and still we hit that big invisible wall ! 

has any alternative guide for this problem?

thanks

Archived