Should Las Vegas look like this?

Matt McGee

Is this how Las Vegas should look?  (FTX Global 1.10 and no other scenery add ons)  Or do I have something installed wrong?

Is the downtown just a block of Microsoft's Las Vegas strip buildings sitting on FTX Global's much nicer looking city textures?

Half green, half tan around runways at KLAS?  (I know about Global's green desert airports fault, just haven't seen green & tan.)

I haven't flown out of Vegas in ages and have just been checking out the world in Global.  I took off at Nellis and flew to the Grand Canyon.  I like the look of the new desert color.  The suburbs and desert around the city look very nice to me too, but downtown and KLAS airport look weird.

wUOn.jpg

What you are seeing is the default photoreal Vegas sitting on top of our landclass textures. I can see it could likely benefit from more landclass work there but keep in mind our textures will always be darker in tone than default. I know I keep saying this but our openLC NA product will rectify this.

Hi mate

yes mine is exactly the same.

I'm using FTXGlobal 110 with Hybrid and vector road lights switched On.

I have the 2 different airport underlay colours as well.

could it be to do with the photoscenery  of Las Vegas that is used.

steve

JV beat me :)

You could uncheck the Las Vegas scenery entry in the library as this will get rid of that "pasted" in scenery look.

I had forgotten the default Las Vegas had a scenery entry.

Un-checking it looks even more odd though  :blink: .  I'll just keep looking forward to openLC for North America!

1Fm6b.jpg

What you are seeing is the default photoreal Vegas sitting on top of our landclass textures. I can see it could likely benefit from more landclass work there but keep in mind our textures will always be darker in tone than default. I know I keep saying this but our openLC NA product will rectify this.

ooohhh can't wait for that!! :D

Archived