ummm how do I fix this?

GregJ

Umm did... no go...also at my home field CBS8 Alberni Regional  - not sure what's up... this is after a complete global reinstall,..... had a failure of some other scenery so cleaned it all out... and now all appears good but these two areas.

These are all taken after the patch....I have yet to test the insertion point ......the images are of Alberni regional, Skagit and Tipella....these are the offenders as Bella Coola works fine... haven't even tested NZ and Milford yet.

XIj0K.jpg
37LAp.jpg
R7m6H.jpg
03si.jpg
TCVra.jpg
JBnrM.jpg
QANi2.png

MNaI.jpg

So I went to attempt the insertion point and lo and behold find I have no more default setting in FTX Central....WTF?  I have Global, North America and Oceana. When I click on FTX Central I get this error: ">http://DPilI.png

This I think calls for a complete reinstall of all scenery and and P3D. Something has gone horribly awry....with only the deletion of a scenery (manually added) that would not work.....man...

Is there an uninstall process for all this? Including ensuring that the registry is wiped clean?

Ha Greg you gonna sound like John pretty soon LOL in his post "FED Up" which I can certainly relate to . I bought Opus and was 2 days trying to put the cameras views in after I took out Ezdoc and had to give up and put EZdoc back in . Yip, one thing after an other.

Arrgghh, I didn't catch that you were using this in P3D, I seem to remember there was a thread through here recently regarding the region patches needing some special treatment to install into P3D. I don't even have P3D installed myself, but let me do some looking around and see if either I or someone with some P3D knowledge can verify that the patch installs correctly into P3D and/or what needs to be done to fix it if not.

The error you're getting seems to indicate FTX Central is trying to do something in your FSX folder rather than your P3D folder, that may be because the 005 patch overwrote your FTX Central with an older version although I'm not sure. As near as I know the latest version of FTX Central is always bundled with the Orbxlibs so reinstalling those may put that part of the problems back on track. I would try that first. That may allow you get FTXCentral going so you can post a screenshot from the library insertion page where we could look and see if there's a problem with layering of some other addon. The water around Tipella makes me think there must be another source of hydro poly data active in a scenery layer above your Orbx stuff. Verifying that and moving it down below Orbx might be all that needs to be done. It seems possible that the manually added scenery you removed maybe was the former library insertion point and now with that gone, possibly FTX Central/ FTXConfigurator.exe doesn't know where to insert your Orbx stuff into the scenery.cfg. If that's the case, re-setting a new insertion point will probably fix the issue.

I apologize for the inconvenience BTW, I know how frustrating it can be.

EDIT: Is that Gordon's freeware Tipella in your screenshots or just default PNW Tipella BTW? If that's Gordon's, it appears all the ObjectFlowed vegetation isn't working either?

Jim

@Jim Robinson,

No worries....and to all who made attempts to help Thanks... I think it was time to take out the trash anyhow..... I have since formatted my hard drive... put the wife on alert that I am moving to SSD for games and sadly....I won't be able to get to this stuff anytime soon... Work beckons....Perhaps I will get the drives, but with all the other applications I have to install onto the C: drive - I may not make it on here again before the weekend. Trying to decide if I need to bother with FSX if I am looking for straight P3D install..... tough call I guess.

A down loading I will go..... btw, I cleaned out my backup drive too! I suspect there was some b.s. in there too! .......

Archived