Airfield Pads in PNW after FTXG

Tobias

Hi there

After the installation of FTXG I'm under the impression that all my PNW airports have become much brighter and stick out much more than before. Well, I might be wrong there, but I'm quite sure that this is the case.

I'm seeing this whether FTX Central is set to Global or NA.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tobias

2013_9_1_13_5_8_241.jpg

Hi there

After the installation of FTXG I'm under the impression that all my PNW airports have become much brighter and stick out much more than before. Well, I might be wrong there, but I'm quite sure that this is the case.

I'm seeing this whether FTX Central is set to Global or NA.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tobias

2013_9_1_13_5_8_241.jpg

I've never seen anything like that in PNW Tobias. I suspect there may be some issue there...

Hi again

Thanks for the answers, Howard and derfsxpilot. Looking at your pics, it's obvious that my airfields don't look they way they are supposed to. It's not just PNW btw, here's a shot from Spokane in NRM:

2013_9_2_17_51_10_872.jpg

I'd be very glad if someone could help me on this one.

Thanks!

Tobias

Hey Alex, thanks for yor reply. My screens are taken with the date set to 09/02/2013 (today). That still counts as summer, right?

I appreciate all your effort in getting this sorted out because I spent most of my flying time in beautiful Orbx PNW and therefore I'd be very glad to get this sorted.

Thanks!

Tobias

Hi Tobias,

I must have been mistaken initially when I viewed the images on my mobile. The colours do seem wrong which is strange. PNW calls the airfield grass from it's own set of texture files in ..Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW08_CUSTOM\texture. 

I'm not sure how these files could be altered since FTXG places all of its textures in the default texture location. You could try reinstalling PNW + patches + libraries and that should restore PNW to it's original state.

Hi Alex

Thank you for your fast answer. As you advised, I'll to a reinstall of all the NA regions.

Am I correct in assuming that I don't have to touch my ORBX addon-airfields? Just a reinstall of the regions with the patches and libraries?

Btw it would be very kind of you to give me some kind of information on the grass texture files in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW08_CUSTOM\texture" (file size, date modified) so I could check against my own.

Thanks,

Tobias

Hi Tobias,

I must have been mistaken initially when I viewed the images on my mobile. The colours do seem wrong which is strange. PNW calls the airfield grass from it's own set of texture files in ..Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW08_CUSTOM\texture. 

I'm not sure how these files could be altered

since FTXG places all of its textures in the default texture location. You could try reinstalling PNW + patches + libraries and that should restore PNW to it's original state.

I just did a reinstall of PNW with the 005 patch and the libraries. Sadly nothing changed.

I'd really like to have back my old PNW airfield grass. Any advice would be very welcome.

I'd be really glad if someone could give me a hint why my airfields don't blend anymore. I'd like to use your beautiful products in NA as intended. If I can give you any further information on my installation I'd be more than glad to do so.

Thanks you,

Tobias

Problem solved! And I was on the verge of a fresh FSX install. ::)

Well, in an attempt to get rid of the green desert in FTXG 1.00 I bought Scenerytech landclass. Things were looking better so I left it installed and forgot about it. It had an higher priority in the scenery library than FTX so it messed up with my regions. Deactivating or moving it further down in the scenery library helped.

Hope that helps other users having the same problem.

Cheers, Tobias

Archived