YWVA Warnervale - 21 new shots of the extended photoreal areas

The new extended PR area is now almost complete with all annotation and objects and night lighting done. I felt it was important to the 'feel' of the area to include an accurately modeled industrial estate, golf courses and the racecourse, since they are always in your peripheral vision during circuits. The extended area has been done using 60cm aerial photos but there's little to no difference in the quality in the sim, right down to street level.

I just need to tidy up a few things and then I'm done. The final part of the project I will be working on is the Vales Point area with the water blending into the lake and the objects around the power station. Andreas is also modeling some custom objects for the power stations and when that's done we should just about be finished.

So Warnervale is not just a little strip tucked away in some bushland, but a complete 'experience' where you'll see accurate 30cm, 60cm and 15cm photoreal areas right across the entire circuit area, perfectly blended into new updated FTX landclass and updated roads/traffic, with the most important VFR nav waypoints included.

Call it a slice of Central Coast heaven ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

You won't need an i7 here - these shots are taken off my Dell laptop with autogen set to Dense, and I get very, very nice FPS for all approaches with custom AI traffic to max and vehicle traffic to 30% with full weather. YWVA will give you the same or better FPS than Coffs did.

You won't need an i7 here - these shots are taken off my Dell laptop with autogen set to Dense, and I get very, very nice FPS for all approaches with custom AI traffic to max and vehicle traffic to 30% with full weather. YWVA will give you the same or better FPS than Coffs did.

Oh I believe you John, the i7 part is for all the airliner flying I do. I'm getting good FPS on my 2,5 years old system already (with AU Blue and Yellow). Thanks for doing all those airports, there's nothing more annoying than a beautiful region scenery with only default airports to land. Rest assured I will buy every airport you build...

Alright let me put it this way, now I need Australian VFR charts! :)

Markus

Hey Markus,

You can download the Aussie VFR charts from http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/2362590/ff560d8d/sharing.html?&

Includes nsw.zip which is the VNC chart for Newcastle, NSW and covers YWVA.

Most of the VNC, TAC and Approaches for Australia are there for downloading.

How to calibrate and use them with FsWidgets (or any mapping program such as FsMoving Map or FsMap) can be found at http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=3631.0

I use them with FsWidgets Flight Bag on a spare laptop over my home network.

Archived