FTX Global Florida

Jarm

Would one of you please make a short video flying in the Tampa Bay, Florida area using FTX Global?  This would be very much appreciated as I am considering a purchase, but would really like to see the Global scenery in the Tampa environment first.  Thanks in advance.

Jarm

I don't know how to do a movie but here are some screen shots of the Tampa area.  FTX Global and REX weather.  No other add-ons.

These are just simple screen shots.  Took off at KPIE and flew east.

KPIE

NtI3.jpg

St Petersburg

6sciJ.jpg

Tampa

sJUfi.jpg

Just west of KPAI

au78D.jpg

KMCF

ExuXr.jpg

KPAI

bXtIS.jpg

Tampa O'Knight

2f0Pc.jpg

Brandon, just east of Tampa.

5rh0P.jpg

Thanks to h3pilot for the pics.  Appears the causeways across the bay may be displaying (unlike the default scenery).

Also, thanks to bailout3 for the info about Fly Tampa-Tampa blending in nicely with Global.  That is a plus. 

I had hoped to see more of downtown Tampa structures, but it is good to see Brandon displaying in more detail than the default scenery.  Wondering if Zephyerhills and Land 0' Lakes are displaying. The still photos are appreciated and helpful.  Hoping someone will find time to video the area sometime in the future.  My interest in Global for the Florida area (as well as a few other areas) is whether Global is capturing the smaller towns and landmarks familiar to those of us acquainted with the areas. (For example, in Tampa Bay, the Buccaneers and Rays stadiums, and all or most of the smaller cities/towns).  If this is not the case, I would prefer waiting until a Florida/South Georgia/Southern Alabama area scenery is released (if, indeed, that is on the planning board).

Again, thanks for the feed back.

I had hoped to see more of downtown Tampa structures, but it is good to see Brandon displaying in more detail than the default scenery.  Wondering if Zephyerhills and Land 0' Lakes are displaying.

I only flew a T-34C into St Petersburg Clearwater once when I was in flight school, so I'm pretty clueless on how accurate Tampa looks, but here are a few more screenshots.

Downtown Tampa, a stadium east of KPAI, Tampa North (X39, near Land O'Lakes??), and a couple shots of Zepherhills (ZPH).

Remember that Global is mostly just texture improvements.  If FSX calls for the wrong land class or didn't model a specific building/stadium, it probably won't be there in FTX Global.

When Orbx releases their openLC landclass for the US, it may improve the look.

Tampa downtown

ZlIqT.jpg

Stadium by KPAI

s4qP6.jpg

Tampa North (X39)

mRH10.jpg

Zepherhills (ZPH)  Three screen shots:

ofHpt.jpg

TBzVG.jpg

safEZ.jpg

Thanks much h3pilot.  Those screenshots helped a lot.  I can see some difference with Global.  I retired at MacDill AFB in 2001.  Recently moved back to the Tampa Bay area and now looking for as much reality as possible in scenery for the area.  We "real world" pilots tend to be picky about things like that. :)

Thanks much h3pilot.  Those screenshots helped a lot.  I can see some difference with Global.  I retired at MacDill AFB in 2001.  Recently moved back to the Tampa Bay area and now looking for as much reality as possible in scenery for the area.  We "real world" pilots tend to be picky about things like that. :)

Then you will want FTXG plus UTX USA. It corrects shorelines, lakes, rivers, roads and rural shape and so on.

C.

Would it be possible for someone to fly over the Everglades in South Florida?  (Take off from KTMB and head directly West...)

I'm just curious as to how FTXG renders the swamps.

Thanks!!

FTXG + UTX

rvPpO.png

A9FKk.png

8i2ZT.png

QsWLZ.png

f5ARU.png

A9f7m.png

S8CZ.png

8)

Would one of you please make a short video flying in the Tampa Bay, Florida area using FTX Global?  This would be very much appreciated as I am considering a purchase, but would really like to see the Global scenery in the Tampa environment first.  Thanks in advance.

Jarm

FTXG + UTX

9ZABt.png

JenQr.png

x54jA.png

Fr4Im.png

x36.png

fMuFB.png

PDUw1.png

K1Ipb.png

UZ4Vf.png

:D

Then you will want FTXG plus UTX USA. It corrects shorelines, lakes, rivers, roads and rural shape and so on.

C.

Good information.  I'll probably go that route.  Also, the additional screenshots submitted by various members are a big help.  Thanks to all.

As I fly over the Everglades regularly training for my PL, I must say that they do not look like that. I like FTX Global much but it does not represent South Florida that well. Of course a lot has to do with landclass which FTXG is not.

ftx global is worth every penny as far as i am concerned, i live between tampa and orlando in Haines city, orbx is the best you are gonna find next to mega scenery earth,the problem with mega scenery you can't fly below 2,000 feet and the file sizes are huge, orbx makes it look great no matter how low you fly, hopefully in the future there will be even more detailed scenery from orbx for the eastern part of the u.s, until then, this is the best you are gonna find hands down, mega looks good flying high but low flying has bad looking flat textures and florida by itself is 25 gig, i had bought 7 states from mega and it was 125 gig and took forever to load, hope this helps.so far all i have bought from orbx is ftx global and sitting back waiting on more of the u.s to be created as i only fly in the u.s mainly between florida and Indiana where i am originally from.

ftx global is worth every penny as far as i am concerned, i live between tampa and orlando in Haines city, orbx is the best you are gonna find next to mega scenery earth,the problem with mega scenery you can't fly below 2,000 feet and the file sizes are huge, orbx makes it look great no matter how low you fly, hopefully in the future there will be even more detailed scenery from orbx for the eastern part of the u.s, until then, this is the best you are gonna find hands down, mega looks good flying high but low flying has bad looking flat textures and florida by itself is 25 gig, i had bought 7 states from mega and it was 125 gig and took forever to load, hope this helps.so far all i have bought from orbx is ftx global and sitting back waiting on more of the u.s to be created as i only fly in the u.s mainly between florida and Indiana where i am originally from.

I am very familiar with the Lake Buena Vista, Kissimmee & Poinciana area having lived there a few years. Go there every few years but remember it when there was no brick and motar on Orange Blossom Trail. Can you post some picks of that area. Looking at putting global on my rig. Been off a while.

Thanks

I have Mega PA, I decided Orbx was not coming. Skipped right over us going from West US to England which I do enjoy too.

I agree that from altitude Mega looks OK but it fails as you come down, just my opinion.

I am waiting for my favorite haunts in New England and the Maritimes, if that ever happens.

I am very familiar with the Lake Buena Vista, Kissimmee & Poinciana area having lived there a few years. Go there every few years but remember it when there was no brick and motar on Orange Blossom Trail. Can you post some picks of that area. Looking at putting global on my rig. Been off a while.

Thanks

The Lake Buena Vista airport isn't in FSX, but here are shots of Disney (Lake Buena Vista), Kissimmee, and the Poinciana area (I think I'm in the right spot.)

EObYT.jpg

LpXRO.jpg

rPFpj.jpg

xVXbr.jpg

Archived