Problem in ORBX AU nears Coff's Harbour

Holy Cheese

Hi all,

last night I made a flight from YSCH to YWVA, and shortly after take off heading south, I noticed some problems with the houses and trees. You can see there are houses and trees in the water at both locations.

I was running in full FTX Oceania region mode (no FTXG hybrid enabled). I have recently installed SceneryTech Landclass to go along with FTX Global, but since I was running full region mode I would not have expected these to interfere.

Coordinates are above the screenshots for ease of identification.

Nambucca Heads S30°40.74 E152°57.32

RHdBM.jpg

Kempsey S31°1.98 E152°46.93

HINf.jpg

This is one of my favourite areas to fly in Oz and have not noticed any anomolies here before now.

Would be grateful if somebody could have a look and see if this is only on my system or not.

Thanks

Jack

HI Jack,

did you try and disable the SceneryTech Landclass ?

you can do that on the the fly, pause fsX, go to the fsX scenery control panel, untick the required scenery hence that will disable it, hit OK, and you can check the same spot for the differences

also if the SceneryTech Landclass files are above the FTX files they probably then overrule FTX, so move them under FTX and see if that brings a change

Hi Wolter,

good grief, we're certainly keeping you busy here at the moment!!

SceneryTech entries were below all FTX entries, but I disabled them anyway to test, but no change - still the same problem.

Not sure what this one can be about?

Cheers

Jack

Hi Jack,

me again ...... :)

So you are running FTX in Oceania, not FTX Global+Hybrid, correct ?

did some checks at my end and this is what I'm seeing here with FTX Oceania enabled at todays date with real weather

Nambucca Heads S30°40.74 E152°57.32

Jack_001.jpg

Kempsey S31°1.98 E152°46.93

Jack_002.jpg

as you can see it looks ok, I'm affraid that the scenerytech LC has something to do with it, but I do not have that, so I can't comment on that, if I may ask for which region or area did you install the scenerytech LC ?

Looks like the priority between river/water and land/autogen is confused, Cycling FTXcentral between regions might sort that, (if its an FTX scenery layer issue)

With ST landclass did you also choose to install the modified LClookup by any chance?

Hi Wolter,

I have all the ST regions installed for Indo Pacific (which includes Australia), Asia, Africa and South America. Yes, I am running in FTX Oceania only and not with FTXG and hybrid mode.

Hi Tim,

thanks also for jumping in. Regarding the ST landclass, no I very carefully steered clear of installing the modified LClookup as I suspected this might screw up the FTX Global setup. In between my flight last night and my test flight again today after Wolter's reply, I did a flight in PFJ and so had cycled the FTX Central from Oceania to North America and back again to Oceania.

My scenery library looks pretty much like this:

Other add-on sceneries (FSDT, Aerosoft, UK2000 etc)

RTMM sceneries

ORBX airports

ORBX regions

Tongass Fjords

FTX open LC base and Europe

UTX (all of them)

SceneryTech (but with UTX vegetation below it)

FS Global Ultimate

Default entries

Bottom

I've got a heavy week at work coming up starting tonight/tomorrow, so probably won't get much of a chance to look into this for a while.

Cheers

Jack

I am going to chime in on this one and also add that if that is your scenery priority and the ORBX addons are not at the top, it makes it hard to see if anything else is interfering, if the ORBX addons are all at the top of the scenery priority list and you are still seeing that I would say you may need to run the latest ORBX library file, but with other sceneries taking priority over FTX products, it is likely that those may be causing the issues.

Archived