Messed up object placement at KSFF with FTX Global and AI traffic

corkery

I made my first visit to KSFF after installing FTX Global with FTX central set to America.  I was parked halfway into a building on a designated parking slot at startup and was met with objects in the taxiways as below.

gZD7I.th.jpg

All was working with all current patches applied before i installed FTX Global

G'day Tony,

At first glance this looks like it may be a case of clashing APX files. A couple of quick questions to troubleshoot:

1. Do you have our NRM region installed or only Global/KSFF?

2. Do you have any other scenery packages that may cause a potential clash with KSFF? Aside from any Spokane area-specific add-ons, many payware AI packages include APX's that will cause clashes. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

I do have NRM installed and patched. It was working before FTX Global as I had:

Installed NRM

Installed KSFF

Patched NRM

Re-applied OrbxLibs

The only thing I have installed since the above is FTX Global and UTX USA. I don't believe the latter has anything to do with APX files?

to add to Jarrad's post,

also install the latest library files last available at the support page => http://fullterrain.com/support.html

and consider this advice from Holger

if you own any of the Ultimate Terrain X add-ons you need to run their Setup tools, in the respective \Flight One Software\UT... folders, to have their custom terrain.cfg entries re-inserted. Simply starting each UTSetup.exe in turn (if you have more than one of their products) and then shutting them down again once the initial check-up messages have completed, will do the trick.

Cheers, Holger

Right, I have:

Re-installed NRM and patched

Re-installed KSFF

Installed latest OrbLib files

Re-run the UTX USA set-up utility

and.... I still get this

0WrPA.th.jpg

Orbx have inadvertently invented a new game of FSX Jenga :-)

Finally found the issue! As part of the setup after FTX Global I made sure the FTX insertion point was low in the scenery list to avoid conflicts with UTX BUT, I set it below MyTraffic which must be the lowest in the list. Reset the insertion point above MyTraffic and Voila!

Please mark this as resolved.

Archived