Black Squares - Not DX10 problem.

mattius

I may have cocked up my fsx. I did have GEX Europe installed. I did not uninstall this as I assumed & reead somewhere thsat FTX Global would overwrite the textures. I therefore installed FTX Global. It all seems fine except black squares in non FTX scenery. I enclose 2 x screenshots to demonstrate my problem....

1. Taken @ Innsbruck

2. Taken @ Jahalabad in Afghanistan

8ugw.jpg

iepm.jpg

Many black squares...

Turning off DV10 preview does not help. Seems to be a missing a texture file? Any help would be very welcome!! Thanks. I have FSX Global selected with Orbx tress & Hybrid mode selected.

With respect DX10 preview is definitely off. The back of the sign definitely seem to be missing a texture as the black is too uniform. Is it worth deleting & rebuilding the Shaders directory?

would be an option, but I doubt it will bring any, see attached screenshot, I've tried to figure out where you took the screenie, I guessed it is Sion, if that's wrong then 'm sorry

post-152-0-35647500-1376581243_thumb.jpg

must also say that I can't remember seeing them look different, unless it was a dedicated scenery, to me they look as the stock ones that came with fsX, but I could be wrong

I've got the "little black squares" issue too. I thought I had screwed something up myself so I completely uninstalled FSX and started from scratch but as soon as I applied FTX Global...*bam* little black billboards all over the daytime landscapes.

I understand that a fix is supposedly coming. Is there an ETA on that and is there any workaround in the mean time? It looks pretty bad.

Not yet.

The fix, I gather, is not to be by FTX but by Mr. Parsons.

In my limited experience of this forum, announcements are generally

pinned to accomodate casual visitors such as you and I.

Regards,

Nick.

Thanks much! I hope you are correct and it does get pinned here.  I don't know this Mr. Parsons or how to find him.

Archived